Thread: Lasever 300mW 532nm

Default Lasever 300mW 532nm

Introduction

Well, I have this laser in use for quite a long time now (since the beginning of the year, so 8 months), but this is in sort voluntary, as Lasever units encountered big lifetime problems with the earlier models (old style), which appeared after some months of use.

So, mine is still well alive (gives still all its original power), and I think it's not due to luck, as the building quality was far improved since the older units I owned (I had to return a few older style lasers, 532nm and 473nm for repair). This make me thinking that Lasever has greatly improved the reliability of their new type of lasers.

The reason I came back to a Lasever unit after being a little disappointed, is that I was disappointed too by buying another green laser from a reputable seller, but this one had a big problem too and I had to return it, which was not cheap at all.

But here's where the serious things begins :

Specifications

Model : LSR532ML
    Beam Diameter(1/e2) : 2 mm
    Beam Divergence : 1.0 mrad
    Power Stability : <±5% per 2 hrs
    Modulation : analog or TTL, 30 kHz
    Head dimension : 100(L) x 40(W) x 50(H) mm
    Driver dimension : 100(W) x 58(D) x 32(H) mm

The package

In the package was :

- Laser head
    - Driver
    - 5V Power supply
    - 5V cable set
    - AC outlet

All was very nice packaged, with anti-static and foam all the way.
    The power supply is much better than before (it was a portable computer style).
    The 5V cable set is well built too.

Laser head and driver

As you can see, the laser head and the driver are very small, that's really appreciable. There is no fan on this model, so you have to place it on a heat sink or a metal plate for optimal head temperature.

The head is very well machined, a mix of laminated and machined aluminium. Its weights inspire sort of confidence.

The cable on the head was greatly improved since the older model, as you can see on the close-up picture.
    Also there's still the same connector to the driver, which seems to be secure enough.

At the inside of the head, they improved the wiring (very well done I have to say), and especially the sealing of the internal laser components. This last point was (according to Lasever) the reason of most of the failures. I didn't wanted to disassemble more the laser as to not break the warranty, but I think this already gives an idea on all the improvements.

Beam diameter was verified : a little less than 3mm, so more than specified, but most of the power concentration should be in the 2mm diameter. That's still very acceptable and will fit all the scanner mirrors.
    Focus is adjustable by turning the final lens, as always.

About the power, it largely exceed the specs, with an average of ~420mW after warmup. And that's without the smallest amount of IR (verified through an extra IR filter and a dichro, without any change other than normal loss of the extra optics).

During the warming up, you can see a few artefacts appearing and disappearing fastly around the beam, I think it's normal on a DPSS laser.

You can see the stability on the graphics, along with the modulation linearity.
    - Stability is great so far, once warmed up it stays stable at around 420mW.
    - Modulation linearity is another story, it's not really a straight line at all but is still acceptable for a DPSS laser.

Conclusion

So this laser, despite its low size, has very acceptable performances. And the best part is their unbeatable price. This along with the great service and fast communication (before and after sale), and ultra-fast shipping (I had mine to my door in 4 days including week-end), makes me feel this manufacturer isn't to forget, depsite all the past problems.
    I will moreover certainly order a more powerful laser from them soon (probably a 1W).

And now the pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT4135.JPG  

PICT4136.JPG  

PICT4137.JPG  

PICT4138.JPG  

PICT4139.JPG  

PICT4140.JPG  

PICT4141.JPG  

PICT4142.JPG  

PICT4143.JPG  

PICT4153.JPG  

PICT4154.JPG  

PICT4159.JPG  

Modulation.PNG  

Power vs time.PNG  

nice review keep up the good work
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

Nice review,

Another interesting graph would be;
    Duty cycle (0-100% 100Hz Sqr) vs Averaged output power.
    This can shine some light on the thermal management.

Thanks guys!

Yes this measure can be interesting, I have the required equipement for this (at my work), I'll do that soon.

An even more interesting measurement would be to measure the power with a fast photodiode, when having the input modulated with the 100Hz square wave! But I didn't have a fast photodiode...

How much was the 300mw with shipping to europe?
    Last edited by Tranc3r; 10-02-2009 at 07:57.