Thread: DPSS RED

Default DPSS RED

Hi Guy`s

Regarding my quest for a higher power red laser.....

Is there any 808nm diode pumped laser`s that will output Red

On the market

I have played with DVD Diodes and Beam Combiner`s E.t.c

But ....

Does any one know of a Company that Produce`s a

Red Dpss Laser with Low divergance similar to the green and blue Dpss laser`s that we use.

I have purchased and been dissapointed with the 400-800mw Reds

With the fat thinnish beam and crap divergance

Cheers

Cheerz
    2 WATT DPSS RGB

i know you tried already, but you can combine 2 open can red diodes with a cube and get 500mw easy

Have you tried looking at..

Swisslas www.swisslas.com
    HB-laser www.hb-laser.com
    Kvant
    Medialas.

All in and around 640nm. 3mm about 1mrad

Enough to make a Scot's-mans sporran pucker up but they are good.

I am currently looking at the Swisslas unit in 400mw and also 1watt.
    Dollars are not cheap on any of this quality.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

There are true diope pumped DPSS reds available.. But usually in the 671nm wavelength so pretty dark... You will need a lot of power to get a good visible laser, but then you are looking at 1 - 2mm beam and 1.2mrad divergence..

Have a look at www.lasershowparts.com

Also I have heard good things about the Medialas 642nm reds, these are diodes and not DPSS. Apparently they have very small non divergent beams.. Again, not cheap but very bright due to the shorter wavelength..

www.medialas.de

Cheers
    Mark

Ritchie
    671nm DPSS are available as Mark points out. They have nice dpss beams that will mix lovely with 473 & 532 and the range of colours will be nice however they are eyewateringly expensive - think blue prices from 2 years ago and add some! Mark also points out that they are dark which to put into perspective they are 3 times dimmer than a 650nm diode so you need 3 times the power to appear the same!
    I saw this for myself this week when I saw a 671nm running along side one of the Medialas 642 diodes. There was little difference in beam quality but despite the diode being several times less powerful there was almost no perceivable difference in brightness in the spots on the wall.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Pangolin used to be a dealer for some sort of dpss red, you might ask Sir Benner of Pangolin whats in the closet. I cant remember if it was 700$ US or 700 mW. OH well, the number 700 comes to mind, with good beam quality specs.

On the other hand, if you wanted to spend 10,000$ on development , half of which is for a custom crystal, I'd be glad to build you a yellow or red raman shifted yag based on documented research by some Austrialians.

Steve Roberts