Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti - Spaghetti - Spaghetti

what are the steps to make it crash, and what are the settings?

i happens when i play a show and press stop. it then says error and asks me if i would like to send the report or not.

it never happens any other time.

this happens without quick mode and also happens with laser output on or off.
    -Josh

Try sending the error report, if it goes to carmangary it would help him ALOT. Also please dont remove sound card support, its really the only real time lasershow software that supports it

did not relize that there was a global exception trapper, my apologies..

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    i happens when i play a show and press stop. it then says error and asks me if i would like to send the report or not.

I tried to install the latest *1.5.6.0 version to test for the crash, but on my XP system the installation hung at installing .net 3.5sp1 'please wait while setup configures the components'

So, to try to debug, try playing your ild file with this version (the attached) and see if it crashes. Use the 'EasyLase USB' output selection and configure with the EzAudDac.ini file in the drivers folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=drlava;62085]I tried to install the latest *1.5.6.0 version to test for the crash, but on my XP system the installation hung at installing .net 3.5sp1 'please wait while setup configures the components'

Got the same thing on my laptop.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

I am pretty sure that is the sound card driver crashing. To test you can try playing the show in preview mode and see if the crash occurs.

[quote=mixedgas;62100]
    Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I tried to install the latest *1.5.6.0 version to test for the crash, but on my XP system the installation hung at installing .net 3.5sp1 'please wait while setup configures the components'

Got the same thing on my laptop.

Steve
    Once I upload the new version that problem should not occur. For now, you can get around it by downloading and installing .NE 3.5 SP1. I'm not going to upload the new version until I find the bugs that have been reported.

.net 3.5 is available here in full form:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

but I could not find the .net 3.5 sp1 full (redistributable) available. There was this:
    but because it's not a full download, installation failed when it tried to download its own components.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

EDIT: aha it appears to be the 231MB download here:
    http://middown.com/news_4806_Microso...ributable.html
    testing soon!
    Last edited by drlava; 09-27-2008 at 09:40.

Spaghetti still seems to be crashing alot for me, but it doesnt actually give reports, it just locks up and I have to close it with Task Manager. Now this might be because of my laptop, and mot likely is, but im not sure what to do about it. 1GB of DDR1 laptop ram is like $58