Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marconi is possibly bankrupting me

Hi Guys

Thank you all very much for your support and suggestions . it means a lot.

The contractual obligation on my part was the sale of a 6 watt RGB unit. It was to be delivered over six months ago.

I've already refunded the deposit, but was being sued for loss of revenue due to a breach. I have today persuaded the client not to proceed with the legal course and have made a deal with him to supply other equipment to compensate him.

The big danger to me would have been legal cost etc , which can easily get out of hand. I'm no lawyer/solicitor, but in my eyes I let down my customer and he deserves to be compensated . My problem with Chuck is just that , my problem !

At the moment I have to focus on selling equipment to rectify the shortfall due to the loss of the sale and the unit I will have to give my client to pacify him.

When this is done I'll have to look at the situation in the cold light of day and decide what to do. As I speak I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind .

Because I can't get a response from Chuck , I'm not sure what to do. If he is genuinely suffering and sticking his head in the sand , I don't want to be the one to tip him over the edge . However, if I'm being deliberately dicked around with, I'll go legal immediately.

It's going to take a week or two to get my finances back on track, and i'll then make another effort to sort this out. If I still can't get anywhere, I'll look at the various bits of advice on here and decide which way to go.

In the meantime, I just hope a package lands on my doorstep.

I can't believe that Chuck isn't aware of what's going on. All he needs is to box up the kit and send it , and I'll forget the whole thing.

Please keep your eyes on the For sale section. Any offers on the stuff I am going to list will be looked at seriously. That's the best help you guys can give me.

A big thanks for all your suggestions and offers of help.

And Rob , you're a star !

My real name is , Mark for those who didn't know.

A very humble Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

i honestly think he either broke the diode or something happened to it. and then he bailed out on all of us and skipped out of cyber town.

i think this is the cause of his absence lately.

his little private side business cannot absorb the high loss of the $20,000
    so he kind of just disappeared.

it really to bad and someone has to know him locally.

it just boggles me he cant come out and say hey i broke that diode or hey this is what happened.

he is just silent and hiding!
    -Josh

mark-

being a company myself who builds projectors and provides shows-

here is a quick bit of friendly advice you may want to include in your show contracts and sale contracts. my lawyer INSISTED that this be put in my contracts-

For Shows-

"10. LIABILITY: CT. Laser’s liability for non-performance of services specified in “Services” shall be limited to the amount paid by client to CT. Lasers as specified in “Price and Payments.” CT. Lasers will not be liable for non-performance if non-performance is due to theft of any/all Laser show equipment, lack of client support, fire, explosion, lightning, pest damage, power surges or failures, strikes, labor disputes, water, acts of God, the elements, terrorist attack, war, civil disturbances, fuel or energy shortages, acts or omissions of communication carriers or any other causes beyond CT. Laser’s control."

For equipment purchases-

"Limitation of Liability:"

In no event shall CT Lasers be liable in tort, contract or otherwise (including negligence) to compensate the customer for any business interuption, loss of (including any anticipated) profits, revenue, business, contracts or (anticipated) savings, costs of procurement of substitute goods or services or any other special, indirect or consequential loss or any punitive damages.

CT Lasers total liability under any cause of action shall not exceed the amounts received by CT Lasers from the customer in the specific transaction giving rise to the liability.

----------------

just a little free advice for ya.
    unfortunately, as your finding out, when youre in business bad things are gonna pop up every once in a while. and what sucks is when YOU are getting screwed becasue of someone elses dishonesty, irresponsibility and plain old thievery. the more you can protect yourself, the better.

and-

"Because I can't get a response from Chuck , I'm not sure what to do. If he is genuinely suffering and sticking his head in the sand , I don't want to be the one to tip him over the edge . However, if I'm being deliberately dicked around with, I'll go legal immediately."

be the one to tip him over the edge? mark, i respect you TONS for not hopping on a plane and coming over here and knocing on the guys door and having a nice little one on one "quality time" chat with him!!

HE is putting himself over the edge! NOT YOU. nobody is making him blow people of or steal products from people or totally ignore his responsibilities. if your down and out, you can still return peoples calls. you can still box components up for people and return things that dont belong to you.

the ONLY excuses, and i mean the ABSOLUTE ONLY reasoning at this point that you or ANYONE should accept from this guy would be:
    1- i am dead.
    2- i am unconscious
    3- i am currently living on a different planet.

the-

"im having a bad month"
    "im having some family issues"
    "my health isnt too good"
    "im depressed"
    "my cat is sick"

BS CRAP...should NOT be accepted by you or anyone!! mark man, i feel for ya. i wish i could help you out. i REALLY hate when bad things happen to good people. and everyone here speaks VERY highly of you. i am QUITE sure marconi comes and reads all this stuff that is being written and just sits back and doesnt respond. (shit, i probably wouldnt either if i stole A LOT of money from quite a few diff people!!)

its a damn shame.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Take it easy with the cat stuff. When my cat is sick, I shut my entire production facility down- geez
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Take it easy with the cat stuff. When my cat is sick, I shut my entire production facility down- geez
    Your entire production facility? Would this be the pirate QM-2000 board factory that you moved off-shore a few years ago? (Remember that thread?)

Why would you shut it down if your cat get's sick? Or is your cat the one running the show now? And if that's the case, what did you do with Hayden?

FREE HAYDEN!!!!

Adam

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Yes, the off shore facility- in fact, the Bahamas cruise was nothing more than routine transit for me-

As far as the cat, let me put it this way-

You can get around a dog-

Nobody F@#!s with a lion-

Now, if I can only convince Benner to buy one of these cubs
    go big or go home

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    FREE HAYDEN!!!!

Adam
    ---------------------->>>>>>
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

..to replace this diode, even if I could find one. An equivalent would be upwards of $20,000.00US

I'm just curious Mark, what kind of a diode costs this much?

i think he was making a multi-watt red diode array. i could be wrong though. pretty sure it was written here somewhere that this was for production of a >4 or >5 W Red diode!!!

i would LOVE to know if this has gotten anywhere???
    any calls? contacts? emails? letters? smoke signals? faxes?
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems