Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Plane Ride....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I was gonna mutter something about leaving a perfectly good airplane, until I saw the sheet metal. I get to borrow a piper tomahawk a few times a year, and I think flying is better then sex. Now if I could just pass the *&^% medical. That had to be a awesome ride..... Of course if becoming a para instructure could get me strapped to that blond chick, I might do that too. Nice scenery and nice ride, awesome dude.

Steve Roberts
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-22-2008 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Oh, I'm going to do a tandem jump soon. I just have to wait until I can afford it. Checks in the mail they say.....
    Dude!

You know I'm kidding! If I did that my heart would stop beating the second I left the plane. I would also shatter into a thousand pieces when I hit the ground!

I get scared jumping out of a tall chair!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    300Evil

I did a tandem jump like ten years ago and I would recommend giving it a go to anyone, it would have to be one of the most exhilarating experiences of your life.

I paid to have a video recorded of my jump and you can basically read my lips/mouth screaming F__________________________CK! as we jumped out and the sudden adrenalin and exhilaration took over.
    Yeah, it's a must do in my life. I'm only afraid it will turn into my next expensive hobby though. Then I'll have to join a skydiving forum. My dad is a pro exhibition skydiver and an expert pilot. I have a lot to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I was gonna mutter something about leaving a perfectly good airplane, until I saw the sheet metal. I get to borrow a piper tomahawk a few times a year, and I think flying is better then sex. Now if I could just pass the *&^% medical. That had to be a awesome ride..... Of course if becoming a para instructure could get me strapped to that blond chick, I might do that too. Nice scenery and nice ride, awesome dude.

Steve Roberts
    Flying is awesome! No better freedom than the skies. I have gone through the training, I just need to log some hours to get my license. My dad's friend Mike says he can get me a Cessna 150 for like $12K. From there we can rebuild it to airworthy standards. (Mike rebuilds Cessna's as a business/hobby.) Just need some cash first so I can pay for fuel. The airplane and instructor is free.

Yeah, the medical can be a bitch. They'll ground you for high blood pressure.

Blondie was hot. She was there with her boyfriend though. I'd have a hard time controlling my joystick with that body harnessed behind me. Uh,,, Don't mind that poking sensation, its a safety thing... It's fun talking to them after they touchdown; they're all completely oblivious from the adrenalin rush.

The pilot told me we were going to be coming down fast but I didn't expect he was going to kick the rudder into a stall. Freakin freaked me out! That plane dropped out of the sky like an SOB! What a rush!

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Dude!

You know I'm kidding! If I did that my heart would stop beating the second I left the plane. I would also shatter into a thousand pieces when I hit the ground!

I get scared jumping out of a tall chair!

James.
    Ofcourse! Totally cool man. What's funny is that I'm actually scared to death of ladders but I'm totally fine with planes and parachutes. I obviously trust the equipment more than I trust myself. BTW, I believe I still hold the record for the youngest person to bungie jump in Florida. I did 150 feet at 7 years old.

Hi, I'm Adam and I'm an adreneline junkie...

I knew a guy who did a bungee jump when he was over 60! It wasn't such a great idea. He was OK, but it really torqued his whole skeleton.

When I went for a walt in Akron today I saw 2 young kids doing multiple back hand springs down a hill toward traffic! Their older brother could do free standing back flips. Neato!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    I knew a guy who did a bungee jump when he was over 60! It wasn't such a great idea. He was OK, but it really torqued his whole skeleton.

James.
    Beats going to the chiropractor....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

"
    Blondie was hot. She was there with her boyfriend though. I'd have a hard time controlling my joystick with that body harnessed behind me. Uh,,, Don't mind that poking sensation, its a safety thing... It's fun talking to them after they touchdown; they're all completely oblivious from the adrenalin rush. "

Perhaps the best thing about blondie was she didnt even flinch going out the door.Heck she was smiling on the crawl up the chassis. They dont make that model of confident blond around here, its something about the depressing long winters.

Steve

Hey, Adam -

Were you close enough to get a look at the attitude indicator and see your actual descent angle? Looks like a GREAT ride! I was able to pitch over to 45 degrees(+) nose down in Cobra gunships a time or two during gunnery training - talk about a RUSH!!

When you do jump, take pictures!! I had 20 jumps before I decided to go fly for Uncle Sam, and I remember the first one like it was yesterday - but it was actually in 1983!! The first one is definitely a "doozie" !

Wow, your post has got me thinking again....

Randy
    Member, AAJA
    Aging Adrenaline Junkies of America
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I've got this to say: GO FOR IT!

I'd recommend going solo your first time. I did (with some instructors, of course):

Also, make sure your harness is put on perfectly. There's nothing more alarming than being yanked away from a freefall by a parachute and realizing that your groin is very unhappy with you because the straps are too tight (...or loose. I don't even know what happened, exactly. It hurt, especially when I flared while landing.).

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    "
    Blondie was hot. She was there with her boyfriend though. I'd have a hard time controlling my joystick with that body harnessed behind me. Uh,,, Don't mind that poking sensation, its a safety thing... It's fun talking to them after they touchdown; they're all completely oblivious from the adrenalin rush. "

Perhaps the best thing about blondie was she didnt even flinch going out the door.Heck she was smiling on the crawl up the chassis. They dont make that model of confident blond around here, its something about the depressing long winters.

Steve
    Don't feel bad. Good women around here are one in a thousand. I'm moving back to Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Hey, Adam -

Were you close enough to get a look at the attitude indicator and see your actual descent angle? Looks like a GREAT ride! I was able to pitch over to 45 degrees(+) nose down in Cobra gunships a time or two during gunnery training - talk about a RUSH!!

When you do jump, take pictures!! I had 20 jumps before I decided to go fly for Uncle Sam, and I remember the first one like it was yesterday - but it was actually in 1983!! The first one is definitely a "doozie" !

Wow, your post has got me thinking again....

Randy
    Member, AAJA
    Aging Adrenaline Junkies of America
    Dude!
    You totally have to take me for a ride sometime! I'd love to fly in a Cobra.

I was right in the co-pilot seat but it's turned around for holding a jumper. Never really got a chance to stare at the control panel. We were practically upside down for about three seconds though. I had to clear my ears every 10 seconds or so, my ears still hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I've got this to say: GO FOR IT!

I'd recommend going solo your first time. I did (with some instructors, of course):

Also, make sure your harness is put on perfectly. There's nothing more alarming than being yanked away from a freefall by a parachute and realizing that your groin is very unhappy with you because the straps are too tight (...or loose. I don't even know what happened, exactly. It hurt, especially when I flared while landing.).

-Jonathan

Youch! Yeah, I hear talk about bad openings every once in a while. You can really shift stuff around when that happens. Is that you in the pic?

I think I'll pass on advanced freefall because my knee isn't in the worlds best condition. It pops out of the socket. I'll at least do a couple of tandems though.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    . . .Is that you in the pic?. . .
    Yeah. That's me doing my FFA Level I back in 2005. I have video somewhere too. (it's lame, but you can see me get yanked away from the camera's point of view pretty fast. Someday I want to go back and complete all the levels so I can just hop in a plane and jump for cheap, but that's definitely something that has to wait -especially after SELEM et. al.

-Jonathan