Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need solutions to inability to view uspto.gov Tiff image files on XP Pro X64 Platform

Default Need solutions to inability to view uspto.gov Tiff image files on XP Pro X64 Platform

I am a avid user of a quad head dual video card 2 dual processor amd x64 6000 computer.

I have been a long time fan of using windows XP Professional X64.

In the last year or two I was forcedby microsoft from using a 32bit verion of IE 5.5 to a 64 bit IE 6 and now 7 along the way x64 support for quicktime was lost and has resulted much to my anguish in my inability to view US patent office diagrams I have tried multiple browser platforms but they all seemingly bounce me back to forced IE expolrer usage to view these TIFF files. Well I was told that I could simply unload X64 version of IE7 but after doing so i am left with no uninstall method and I am still stuck with X64 IE 6 when I need to revert to non supported 32 bit IE 5.5 or 5.0.

Has any one outthere been through this morass and do you have a real solution that you have actually been through and implemented. there are all these couda wouda shouda worked scenarios I just need one that actually does work I have tried using 6 browser platforms to no avail.

So, your beef is about supporting TIFF files... Am I getting that right?

I use 3 different browsers. If one doesn't give me what I want I move to the next one.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

alternatiff (free download, linked from uspto site) doesnt work?

Steve

WE use XP machines on a VERY government-owned network system in my office, and use a lot of TIF images. We use the XP built-in "Windows Picture and Fax viewer" to view and print TIF images, and it seems to work pretty well for us.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Would using an alternative like google patents work for you?

I actually like the uspto search engine, but never view patents there because I don't like their viewer implementation.

been there tried that like netscape firefox safari explorer and like 3 others

Heres what happens I read the link at the uspatent office, it says to use the free alternif program. I try to run that it wants me to have internet explorer running quicktime I install quicktime I run the alternif link I get nasty messages about lack of x64 support??????????? I am told that i can run this under internet expolrer running in a 32 bit shell I try uninstalling internet explorer 7 when I check installed programs I am left with internet explorer 6 without tabbed browsing and no way to uninstall I try to install IE 5.5 supposedly a 32 bit version the program installs but there are no signs after rutine has run or way to remove it ARGH!!! waana kill bill well if he were not such a philanthropist I have had horrific similar problems as java scripting and otherplug ins were revised , supposedly evolved and then have not supported my X64 platform like loss of online label printing at ebay under IE but I was able to use java under firefox instead.

This would be awesome but I get a little place holder icon in the uspto.gov patent image link and can not seem to be able to use any other file viewers to open I should be able to figure this out I am a guy with like 90 different operating systems disks in a drawer like every revision microsoft ever had but I have not had time to work through this I still have PTSD from java scripting changes that nuked my ability to print labels online.

frigging fXXing fXXing fXXXing sweet!!! Shite Moslems!

Many Kudos to Jud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!