Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fb3 external enclosure : PICS

Man thats nice lookin!

One day i'll be able to buy a DAC like that, gotta work on getting a blue laser first tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Yes, $500 plus shipping or $595 with shipping (and DMX daughterboard).

Since this one doesn't have the DMX daughterboard, it is $500 plus shipping...

Regarding a kind of retrofit, there is a bit of a problem. We made the current batch in a really big hurry, so the cost to Pangolin is quite high. Plus, there are a few other factors which make it a bit impractical for me to sell you just a box so that you can put your existing FB3 into it.

It could be that as time runs, and our costs come down, we might get some other ideas about how to do a retrofit. In the mean time, it shouldn't be too difficult to make a small box for it, roughly as you see here. It is really just two pieces of sheet metal bent into a U shape, and they just come together so that both U pieces kinda interlock. That's what gives it the strength.

Bill
    Bill,

I know how to make a enclosure, but your box would have been a nice option. (If i knew this option was comming 2 weeks ago i would have maybe waited)

Back to the garage it is... :-)