Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Re-work of Buffo's projector

i like how you mounted the shutter! awesome use of space! was that on purpose? or was that a...

"OH FU*K, I FORGOT TO LEAVE ROOM FOR THE SHUTTER!!! NOW WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO???" LOL....?
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

the shutter was a A+ fit lol

i like it though!
    -Josh

Thumbs up I call next!

Dammit man that is beautiful. I'll send your wife some flowers when she lets you work on mine.

I have torn it down to try Karl's mirror alignment method. It is working very well. I am also trying to make room for the 635/660 dichro and hopfully a 660nm laser. I am thinking a single maxyz for now. With all the overshooting my 635 does off the scanner mirros; 200mW of 660 would about double what I am getting out of the projector.

really really nice work!!!!!!

Smile messy projector + DZ + time = work of art!

Who's projector is that?

Damn dude... I barely recognize it now. I knew the back panel wiring was a mess, but I didn't remember it being *that* bad. (Then again, you had all the blanking wires disconnected from the terminal strip, and all the corrigated wire snake was removed too.) Still, it was pretty awful.

The new wiring is amazing though. There's no way I would have had it looking that good! I like the conenctors too - easy way to pull the panel off. Was always going to do something like that (even have the new connectors sitting on a shelf) but never got around to it.

Wire gauge looks a lot smaller. That's one of my faults - I always use larger diameter wire than I need. (Paranoid about voltage drop I guess.) But the smaller wire looks a hell of a lot neater!

Also glad to see that your immaculate workbench that I saw last week actually gets messed up when you're working on a project. Good to know that I'm not the only one that makes a mess when I'm working! My workbench (actually a table) looks just like that whenever I'm building something. (Will probably look even worse come next weekend when I tear into the HGM 5 PSU to figure out why the damn thing stopped lasing at SELEM...)

Bottom line: You are the master, David. Incredible work. Just incredible. My hat is off to you! (And thanks a million for all the extras!) So, do I need to send you my first born son as payment now, or what?

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I can beat him in the messy bench catagory, trouble is my camera is burried in it somewhere. You;ll just have to take my word for it.

I also have a orphened hexicon, great minds think alike.

Not that I anticipate needing a new one soon, but do you know where to get tips? I'm tired of the double wide chisel.

Steve

Lightbulb

Well David you inspired me to rework my set up a little. Your work here and Karl's bounce mirror alignment method... I took all the laser heads and the scanners and mounted them on the breadboard on the top. Much easier to map everything out outside of the projector. I first came up with this... (BIG PICTURES...)

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...&pictureid=198

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...&pictureid=199

Then remembered I need to make room for at least one 660nm red and a third dichro... So I moved everything and came up with this:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...&pictureid=197

The 660nm in the picture is a 130mW TTL Maxyz. I just ordered a 200mW Maxyz from someone across the pond who hasn't used it since he got it. Since I only get about half of the 250mW 635nm onto my scanner mirrors; I figure 200mW of 660, all of it making it on the scanners, will about double the amout of red I am getting. In the picture, the 130mW Maxyz it perfectly aligned on a MM1 that will hold the custom dichro. All I got to do is hot glue the dichro on and swap the TTL Maxyz for the analog one when it arrives. It is only an exercise in patients now.

I also took a "mask" I got out of that grocery store scanner and put it over the apperature of the 635. Takes about 1/4 off each side. It leaves a sliver of red falling off the sides of my scanners. Almost perfect.

Now I just need to figure out how to wire like that. And add a shutter, and an interlock, keylock, scram switch... some fans...

Very nice work, Allthat. Regarding the wiring, you said it best in the above post. It is only an exercise in patients. Wiring takes a whole lot of that. For some people, drawing it out first helps.

Not that I anticipate needing a new one soon, but do you know where to get tips? I'm tired of the double wide chisel.
    I started looking for tips a few years ago, thinking I'd like to have a spare just in case. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on it. I haven't looked in a while though.

Bottom line: You are the master, David. Incredible work. Just incredible. My hat is off to you! (And thanks a million for all the extras!) So, do I need to send you my first born son as payment now, or what?
    Thanks Adam, though I do think you give me too much credit. Anyway, this is a freebie, except for the voltage regulator... I'll be damned if you think I'm gonna eat the entire cost of that regulator!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'll be damned if you think I'm gonna eat the entire cost of that regulator!
    HAHA! OK - Paypal payment sent for $0.78!

And since you won't let me pay you properly for all your work, I guess I'm just going to have to get creative and figure out some other way to thank you for everything you've done...

Adam