Thread: Laser Shows for Civic Entities:

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Laser Shows for Civic Entities:

as Marc graciously posted part of his boilerplate show contract in another thead, I'd like to add some more without hijacking the thread.
    . . Get it rewrote by a lawyer first: Or just dont do shows for public entities, they have unlimited resources to fight you in court and the law is on their side:

I was just was present for a gig ran by two friends of mine and the small city of 3000 refused to pay. My friends set up a faa approved show they had worked on for four months and the parks department advertised the wrong site or failed to advertise at all.. I'm sure if they mayor and city council did pay the 25,000$ for a show where 28 people showed up, there would be hell to pay at the next election. Only about 100 people showed up for the attached car show as well! I ended up paying for one friends food and gas for the 1500 mile trip home, and the other is 10,000$ in debt for buying gear for the gig. I lost money on 1000 miles of driving to tech on this one for them. I'd name the town and their inbred parks department but its under litigation. Dont get me started on how the guy with the keys to shut off 15,000 watts of metal halide ballpark lighting vanished before the show. The city is countersuing for the 5000$ deposit back as a attempt to block the lawsuit. watch out for soverign immunity, its a witch. Worse of all, two nice guys who should be good friends now only talk to each other via me and their lawyers.

So add this to your knowledge:

If (Insert name here) company is contracted to a civic entity for a public laser display, city (insert name here) agrees to act and be liable in the same manner as a PRIVATE corporate entity under the laws of state of....... City shall be liable for payments regardless of attendance or weather and company shall collect ____________ dollars regardless of the event occuring regardless of weather or other situations, and as the show proceeds city shall be liable for a increasing payment to the full amount previously agreed at end of show. Litigation shall occur in the home city of xzy company . City employees will follow the attached "show rider" faithfully as a contract or city shall be liable for full payment even if non performance occurs. City relinquishes the right of soverign immunity in this action for the duration of the contract. If the city moves or pospones the show, city will incur the additional costs of xyz company in completing the contract.

Steve Roberts
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-23-2008 at 14:39.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...So add this to your knowledge:

If (Insert name here) company is contracted to a civic entity for a public laser display, city (insert name here) agrees to act and be liable in the same manner as a PRIVATE corporate entity under the laws of state of....... City shall be liable for payments regardless of attendance or weather and company shall collect ____________ dollars regardless of the event occuring regardless of weather or other situations, and as the show proceeds city shall be liable for a increasing payment to the full amount previously agreed at end of show. Litigation shall occur in the home city of xzy company . City employees will follow the attached "show rider" faithfully as a contract or city shall be liable for full payment even if non performance occurs. City relinquishes the right of soverign immunity in this action for the duration of the contract. If the city moves or pospones the show, city will incur the additional costs of xyz company in completing the contract.

NICE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin