Thread: Quick backstory.

Default Quick backstory.

Ok so here is my laser life story..

lets start with the fact that im 30 which makes me prime age for laser interest.
    from the ages of 16-25 i was taking psychedelic drugs and going to raves all the time.

Thats where i met a guy from PAWN lasers. he let me control one of his 1w green lasers after it was all set up. no scanner, just a beam table and a bunch of mirrors and splitters with motors to make cool patterns with bounce mirrors he had setup.

At that point i was hooked but did nothing about it.

never owned a laser

never bought a laser pointer

now im an IT guy (MCDST) and i decided to buy a laser pointer.. so i ordered a 200mw DX but never got it, because as I researched i relized i wanted a lab laser, then i relized i wanted to build a projector and i canceled the order with DX. i bought a 150mw green lab laser from ebay (laser-rich.com version) and i live it..

Since that time I have learned a ton of stuff and built my own Violet (803t) and red (long open can) lab style lasers... and i have all the parts for my scanner (mostly), so now im here.

awesome well welcome to the forum!

what parts are you planning on using for the projector? like scanners and dac? and software?
    -Josh

ScanPRO 20
    Sound card amp dac (DrLava)
    and tons of free software (spaggetti/hethcliff etc.)

sweet have you spent some time with laserboy?

its a fun program once you get the hang of it!
    -Josh