Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opportunity? Who here has a UK display company, audience scans and is ILDA member?

geee and what do you get for your money?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    http://www.laserist.org/benefits.htm

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Consider that everything we do has been standardized by ILDA. From the file format, to the cable wiring, it's all ILDA! Where would be be without them?

Want a more current example? OK - ILDA produced a press release after the laser-eye-injury incident in Russia this summer. That press release explained what really happened (wrong laser for show use and unsafe operation combined) and also gave some background on laser shows and the rarity of eye injuries... That did a hell of a lot to quell the rising hysteria in the media about laser shows, and we all benefitted from it. That press release cost ILDA in excess of 10 grand. Where did the money come from? ILDA members...

Bottom line: You support PhotonLexicon via the green "donate" link, right? Why not do the same thing for the organization that helped start it all, and keeps everything on track?

For me, I decided it was time to do my part to help ILDA out. And I have to admit that being able to meet other laserists and talk with them has been very enjoyable thus far...

Adam