Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity? Who here has a UK display company, audience scans and is ILDA member?

Default Opportunity? Who here has a UK display company, audience scans and is ILDA member?

OK,

I may be able to pass your details onto to a large company that possibly wants someone to do dance events.

Looking for anyone who:

1. Is a registered UK company

2. Is an ILDA member

3. Can audience scan safely with the proper calculations / precautions

4. Has the proper permits and insurance

5. Is willing to do long events in the North of England (typically 8-10 hours)

6. Has suitable equipment to do large events - typical event is indoors with between 2,500-5,000 people in attendance.

If your company fits the bill and you're interested post your companies details here (name, web address and / or physical address, tel no. ) and the details of your lasers. ie. RGB 1W, Green 2W etc.

Although I have no direct involvement in this, to stop random companies posting, I will be checking ILDA membership details before passing any details on.

Equally, as I have no direct connection with the management of the said company, there will be no feedback, it will be up to them. I'm simply going to pass your details across via another forum. Beyond that I will have no further involvement whatsoever.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Why doesn't the company consult the ILDA membership details directly?

And on a related note I see that one Adam Burns has recently joined.
    I wonder if he's any relation to our own lovely Buffo.............?

Cool

Yeah, I'm an ILDA member now... Nice to be noticed for it - thanks!

And no, I'm not going commercial or anything. Just decided that ILDA has done a lot for laserists in general, and figured it was time I started supporting the origanization.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Why doesn't the company consult the ILDA membership details directly?

And on a related note I see that one Adam Burns has recently joined.
    I wonder if he's any relation to our own lovely Buffo.............?
    I just thought it would be nice to be able to put some names forward from on here, not least of which because most people on here are a known quantity.

Congrats Adam on your membership.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Yeah, I'm an ILDA member now... Nice to be noticed for it - thanks!

And no, I'm not going commercial or anything. Just decided that ILDA has done a lot for laserists in general, and figured it was time I started supporting the origanization.

Adam
    Hey, Adam -
    How long did it take for your application to become "official"?
    I'm mailing mine out this weekend - same sentiments concerning ILDA!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Sounds like a job ( on his patch ) for "oor kevin" @ lynx lasers but he dont pop in here often .

Strange thing ...I dont see laser visuals on the ILDA list any more ...i think they moved north ..based close to carlisle now ..although i might be totally wrong

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Sounds like a job ( on his patch ) for "oor kevin" @ lynx lasers but he dont pop in here often .

Strange thing ...I dont see laser visuals on the ILDA list any more ...i think they moved north ..based close to carlisle now ..although i might be totally wrong

PAUL
    Or even Andy at ACLasers. He needs somewhere to 'play' with the laserscope
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Hey, Adam -
    How long did it take for your application to become "official"?
    I'm mailing mine out this weekend - same sentiments concerning ILDA!!
    About a week. Maybe less than that! They're pretty quick...

Once they process your application you'll get a welcome message via e-mail from ILDA. Then you'll start getting all the messages posted to the ILDA listserv. Lots of banter back and fourth about various topics, along with requests for advice and equipment rental.

You'll also be listed on the ILDA site as a new member. (Which is how Soforene found out about my membership...)

Adam

does it cost to be an ilda member?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Yes. It costs $125 per year for individuals that are not in the business of performing laser shows for hire. Commercial laserists pay a higher fee, depending on the size of their business. Details here.

Adam