Thread: XEROX AO

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default XEROX AO

If you have one of the older generation xerox AOMs, ie not the newer ECL logic based, then happy schematicing:

US patent: 04308544

Has the schematic of the VCO, the PIN diode attenuator , and the mixer/modulator bias,
    found it by accident,looking up a ANZAC patent, as anzac makes the diode ring mixer modulator
    enjoy,

Steve

Cool

Hey Steve - you think that driver would run an ISOMET 1205? From what I remember of my alt.laser days, it was similar to those early Xerox units.?.

Just curious...

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Turn the inductor core or set the varacter adjust voltage or both to bring it down 80 Mhz +- 10 mhz and away you go. right now its at 130 mhz or so. I hack xeroxs to make them more linear by snipping a few parts and adding a resistor to turn the control voltage from say pango to a control current for that DSB modulator can on the xerox board, No biggie, takes about 10 minutes. 5-7 mA into the DSB can is full on.

Apply enough drive while adjusting bragg angle to give you a clean bright first order beam, if you have too much drive you can't get good single beam bragg. If you have too much drive you get multiple beams no matter what.

Steve