Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Delay Relay Module

Cool

I shipped a pair of the time-delay relay modules to Jem back in October of 2008 when I sent out the custom dichros.

Also, the units you linked to won't work by themselves, as they are "on" until you push the button, then they are off for up to 180 seconds before turning on again.

In contrast, the units that Stuka found will be off until you trigger them, and then after an adjustable delay, they come on and stay on until you shut them off.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I shipped a pair of the time-delay relay modules to Jem back in October of 2008 when I sent out the custom dichros.

Also, the units you linked to won't work by themselves, as they are "on" until you push the button, then they are off for up to 180 seconds before turning on again.

In contrast, the units that Stuka found will be off until you trigger them, and then after an adjustable delay, they come on and stay on until you shut them off.

Adam
    Drats and double drats. However the page I found that timer has dozens of different types logic relays, delay timers etc etc. Let me have another peep.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I have a few of these dial type units...I will search for them. If anyone wants one I would consider 20 each with a fiver going to PL to help the Janitor clean up a bit........
    I will get them and test them....they are pulls from thermoreactive units. Also have type K thermocouple controllers as well.....dial type. Pix and more details when I get them in my hands again.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I have a few of these dial type units...I will search for them. If anyone wants one I would consider 20 each with a fiver going to PL to help the Janitor clean up a bit........
    I will get them and test them....they are pulls from thermoreactive units. Also have type K thermocouple controllers as well.....dial type. Pix and more details when I get them in my hands again.
    I might be interested as long as they can be triggered via the shutter signal 5v or TTL. Keep us updated!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

OK, so I'm new to this whole relay and delay stuff and am kind of confused. So, you connect laser power supply to mains. Mains gets converted to 12 VDC and goes to the delay timer. Laser connects to delay timer and when the timer expires, the laser turns on. Now which lead do you want to be disconnected until the timer expires? The positive or the negative that goes to the laser?

Quote Originally Posted by redgoat View Post
    OK, so I'm new to this whole relay and delay stuff and am kind of confused. So, you connect laser power supply to mains. Mains gets converted to 12 VDC and goes to the delay timer. Laser connects to delay timer and when the timer expires, the laser turns on. Now which lead do you want to be disconnected until the timer expires? The positive or the negative that goes to the laser?

More or less any laser you buy will have the delays already built in to the drivers.

Doc's website

Just found out that I'm getting an OEM power supply, so I'll have to construct the thing myself. Please excuse my poor drawing, but I think that this is how it should be hooked up.

Forgot to mention that the negative on the ELK goes to the laser power supply and the negative on the ELK also goes to the emission indicator LED. It was very unclear when I just looked at it.
    Last edited by redgoat; 06-26-2009 at 08:57. Reason: explain the negative

The other question that I have is that I know that this will probably work for a single color system, but how in the world would it work for an RGB? Would I need to get three of these ELK-960s?

Can anyone tell me if this will work or not? Also, how would this be done in an RGB projector?

This should trigger right when the board receives power.
    Last edited by redgoat; 06-27-2009 at 08:38. Reason: added updated drawing