Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting in Orlando on November 8th, 2008!

Thumbs up Next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting in Orlando on November 8th, 2008!

Hey folks!

Just confirmed with Clandestiny that the venue in downton Orlando is available on Saturday, November 8th. So it's FLEM time again! Same place as last time (corner of W. Smith and Edgewater).

We'll start at around 10 AM and run until Midnight or so. Bring your laser projectors, bring your computers, and let's have some fun!

No word yet on any special guests, but I will be talking to a few people. If we *do* get someone to agree to come, we may be able to do a presentation or two like we had at SELEM. Not sure yet though.

Bill Benner isn't sure if he'll be able to make it or not, but if he can't make it, Hayden probably will. Likewise, I'll be extending an invitation to Patrick Murphy again, but no idea if his schedule will allow him to attend or not. Details to follow soon.

EDIT: Bill has confirmed that he'll be able to attend! (Wow... That was quick!)

So mark your calender! Saturday, November 8th, 2008! We should be broadcasting live again, via the Ustream.tv site. (This time I'm going to let Aaron use his computer for the broadcast. Maybe we'll have fewer drop-outs this time!)

Please reply below if you plan to attend...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-26-2008 at 05:47.

can i get an exact address and i will check with my schedule!
    -Josh

Bummer.....

Just promise you won't have as much fun as SELEM!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Josh;

PM sent with full details!

Randy;

Sorry man - know you're going to be tied up with drill. Wish you could make it dude...

Adam

Talking

If I can make the long drive I whould be able to stop by for a few minutes...

The boss has bought us tickets to the Coldplay concert the night before so I can almost garruantee there will be no lasagna...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    If I can make the long drive I whould be able to stop by for a few minutes...
    HAHA! Long drive! Yeah, all of what - 45 minutes?
    The boss has bought us tickets to the Coldplay concert the night before so I can almost garruantee there will be no lasagna...
    That's OK dude... You've already treated us *twice* to lasagna. (And I know it's a ton of work to make!) We'll let someone else handle lunch this time. (Besides, you'll probably be so wiped out from the concert that you'll end up being late to FLEM anyway! )

Adam

I'll be at the FLEM meeting, thanks!

FYI, the Blue Angels will be flying at an airshow, at the Kennedy Space Center on Nov. 8 and 9. In case anyone is driving from far away and wants to catch something else that's as awesome as FLEM...

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/sp...show/index.asp

Smile

Wow! I can't believe the quick responses today! Must have caught everyone at their keyboards this morning.

Great to hear you can make it, Patrick! Will be good to see you again.

And thanks for the heads up re: the airshow at the Kennedy Space Center. It's been quite a few years since I saw the Blue Angels fly... Might have to head over to the cape on Sunday to check that out!

Adam

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I dont recall extending any invitation to this ILDAdirect joker. I might have to bring the lion-
    go big or go home

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    I dont recall extending any invitation to this ILDAdirect joker. I might have to bring the lion-
    Careful Paul! He'll revoke your board status - lion or no lion!

Rumor has it that Greg Makov will be able to attend as well. Still waiting for final confirmation on that, but it looks very promising. (Hoping to convince him to talk briefly about color space theory!)

Adam