Thread: Seeking another FB3 Lafreak user to discuss usage

Thumbs down Seeking another FB3 Lafreak user to discuss usage

I have my FB3 evaluation connected to a basic scanner I would like to talk with a daily user to run down features and usage so I do not want to have to stumble through discovery of same, Thanks I have basic usage of cued frames , curious about playable content on media card, and how to load playble content to card for standalone projection use from the card data. Would like to get some idea of features of software what I can create and load to card.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Question

Nice to hear your card arrived. Did you work out a cable?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I simply plugged in the female db25 of the scanpro20 dmx/ilda input board into the male of the FB3, I initially had issues with a bad scanpro cable and was limited to vertical scanning I was horrified to see that WB was another insomniac answering an email at 4am my time 5 his either that or hes an early riser. I had issue with a usb to parallel printer interface interferring with detection of the FB3. The x64 drivers were located on pangolin's website after a short panic they might not exist for x64 windows professional.Live Quick USB has a large number of effects that I presume can be DMX triggered, they are ammusing but not for long.LaFreak displayed some show files and began to load them to a easily selectable cue after opening I got to the fifth or sixth and it caused the engine to lockup.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.

seems like about half the conductors in a non-shielded male to female db-25 cable are used. If the conductors are wired straight through a parallel data or printer extension cable should work great I will probably pull out some 20-30 foot printer cables I have and check continuity with an ohm meter I have some female centronics circuit board connectors around and will probably just make a couple female centronics (parallel printer) to db-25 adapters, then one or more printer cables might be used connected back to back.

Shielding might not be an absolute necessity but I will try to use a standard shielding protocol to bond to equipment at one end and keep open at far end.

Red face

BTW thats cards QM2000.net to be dealt with later I think I will try FB3/LaFreak Combo for a while to familiarise my self with it first.

Exclamation

There goes that crack talking again. You NEED to install the QM2000 just to sit back and enjoy the included shows. You will see what laser shows truly are. Play with the FB3, but WATCH some shows!

Lightbulb

Did you download the LAStudio package for your FB3?
    That's what is going to give you all the show-creation tools, including a pretty powerful abstract generator!

As far as DMX control is concerned, using DMX will pretty much give you the same control of the FB3 that you would get using the LiveQUICK application with a computer, including position, color, and intensity access to EVERY cue on EVERY page . With DMX, you would be restricted to the cues that were previously uploaded to the on-board memory card, and of course you won't have the "preview" capability you get when using a computer monitor.

As far as documentation goes, your installation disc should include a help file (PDF, I believe) that pretty well covers stand-alone operation, DMX control, etc.

The FB3 is quite a bit different from the LD2000 package that comes with the QM2000.net, but still VERY capable. Also, even though the LD2000 software will not currently directly address the FB3, you could still use the FB3 in a separate projector, then trigger cues as needed using the DMX output capability of the QM2000.net and LD2000 software. That's my plan for a second "beam" projector I plan on building using my FB3.

FYI -
    Here's part of a thread where the differences between the QM2000.net and FB3 were discussed earlier:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...3&postcount=34
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-01-2008 at 07:35.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....