Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Pangolin Beam Show for LD2000

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    Bleh cant get into ildaswap (page not loading) ... can someone send it to me?
    You need to use an FTP client, not a browser. I recommend FileZilla Client.
    http://filezilla-project.org/
    Just enter the following info into the client after you download it.

Host: ftp.ildaswap.net
    Username: ilda
    Password: swap
    Port: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Sounds good Adam,

I am in the process of setting up the web page for the "Network of users for the purpose of trading shows". You can read this forum post for more info:
    http://www.pangolin.com/ubb/showflat...=0&page=0#1826

Once it is up there, I would like to include your show if you don't mind. Buffo already sent me 5 shows, and also Rupert has given his official permission to put his shows up there too, which amounts to I think 15 shows for him alone!

I usually make a pass over the shows to make sure all of the zones are set correctly, and a few other minor tweaks, just to make sure they play well full size at 30K.

Best regards,

William Benner
    Hey Bill,
    No problem at all. I'd be glad to share shows with everybody. Also, I'd be honored to have you pass over my show and clean it up if need be. Just let me know when and where to upload.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Sounds good Adam,

I am in the process of setting up the web page for the "Network of users for the purpose of trading shows". You can read this forum post for more info:
    http://www.pangolin.com/ubb/showflat...=0&page=0#1826

Once it is up there, I would like to include your show if you don't mind. Buffo already sent me 5 shows, and also Rupert has given his official permission to put his shows up there too, which amounts to I think 15 shows for him alone!

I usually make a pass over the shows to make sure all of the zones are set correctly, and a few other minor tweaks, just to make sure they play well full size at 30K.

Best regards,

William Benner

Is there a way to view Pangolin shows if I MAmba Black sorry but I got it with the laser machine I did buy TRACEIT its GREAT

Hey, Adam -

I just watched this for the first time - SWEET !!

Thanks for sharing this with us!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up

Very nice show Adam! I have no criticisms here. I can't seem to get a show off; more of a mental block on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Very nice show Adam! I have no criticisms here. I can't seem to get a show off; more of a mental block on my part.
    Thanks Aaron!
    It's actually pretty easy and fun once you get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Hey, Adam -

I just watched this for the first time - SWEET !!

Thanks for sharing this with us!!
    Hey Randy!
    Thanks man! Glad to hear you guys liked it. My next show will be even better.

Smile

Keep up the good work Adam! Can't wait to see your next show...

Adam

You "Adam" fellers (300EVIL & Buffo) are collectively kicking out some REALLY nice shows!

At this rate, I might never HAVE to actually learn how to build shows with Showtime! (Although I'm pretty sure I will anyway, just to save face )
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-04-2008 at 07:03.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Keep up the good work Adam! Can't wait to see your next show...

Thanks Adam! Half the credit should go to you though since I stole you're frame files. I'll have to add to it myself to be fair.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    You "Adam" fellers (300EVIL & Buffo) are collectively kicking out some REALLY nice shows!

At this rate, I might never HAVE to actually learn how to build shows with Showtime! (Although I'm pretty sure I will anyway, just to save face )
    It took me a while to build up the guts to do my own show. When I first started I didn't have a set plan. I just started dropping random frames into the timeline according to the beat marks I put in. From there I would go back and view the whole show or parts of the show and replace or move frames that didn't fit.

At this point I was really starting to have fun as I learned what showtime had to offer and how to use it. I now had a plan and an idea of what I wanted the show to look like.

Then I started tweaking the effects and transitions along with adding other frames and effects to the next timeline. Again, I watched the whole show a few times then I went back and changed some effects and transitions. After I got the show pretty much where I wanted it, I went and cleaned up a few frames that weren't quite in sync and saved.

I'd say about 2.5 hours of work all togather.

Trust me, once you pop you're ShowTime cherry. It's all down hill from there. Lots of fun too!
    Thanks Again!
    Adam

Exclamation How did you do that in only 2.5 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I'd say about 2.5 hours of work all togather.
    Are you F'in kidding me? Only 2.5 hours?

Jesus! What the hell is wrong with me? It takes me at least 10 times as long to do a show. (For example, the "Above" beam show took me around 26 hours of solid work at the computer. "Clocks" was over 30 hours. "Why" was nearly 30 hours.)

What the hell dude? You're like Rob (Stanwax)... That guy can crank out a show in 4-5 hours.

Shit... Why is it taking me so freakin' long?

I gotta figure out a way to speed this up. If I could crank out a show in 2.5 hours, I would have over 50 shows done by now.

Adam