Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New laser shows from International Laser Productions

Default Terrance Green is a terrorist- simple as that

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:26.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    moderators, please remove this person from these forums, just like ILDA had to do with the "laserist list"
    Someone told me that I was too 'mean' with my comments, so, fine - scratch it. But I still say this thief should be dis-allowed from being a PL-member, and that his victims-dishonoring spin on 'political satire' has no place outside of his own PC.

peace...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-04-2008 at 19:41. Reason: ...not 'worth the powder to blow 'im up'...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Someone told me that I was too 'mean' with my comments, so, fine - scratch it. But I still say this thief should be dis-allowed from being a PL-member, and that his victims-dishonoring spin on 'political satire' has no place outside of his own PC.

peace...
    j

Jon.
    I guess that makes all of those that have downloaded the animations CARTOONS.ild zip from here.... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5446

Thieves as well, the file contains only LMR and ILP frames, as have many packages that reside on the PL ftp site.

People in Glass houses should'nt throw stones.

ILP

Thumbs down Aaay..look who crawled out of his rat hole!

Terry -

Quote Originally Posted by Internatlaser View Post
    Jon.
    I guess that makes all of those that have downloaded the animations CARTOONS.ild zip from here.... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5446

Thieves as well, the file contains only LMR and ILP frames, as have many packages that reside on the PL ftp site.

People in Glass houses should'nt throw stones.

ILP
    ...Suggestion: Why don't you run a Poll here in PL, and let's see how many defend the position you took with LMR - or, I should say, stuck-him-with, in the end, ay, mate????

But since you 'assed', yeah, if people do what you did to LMR, yes, that makes them thieves just like you. If they simply 'share' (not sell) those files that were exclusively part of an 'owner-rights' package, and they don't re-sell / re-distribute with their OWN goods / other-negotiated profit-gleaning deals, but simply profit from the show they perform with them, in the case of his animations, that does violate his licensing-agreement for his collections, which he is fully-entitled to set-up how he wants - you basically just railroaded over his feelings / wishes, and told him to go f-himself, which does NOT invalidate his rights / wishes, NOR make you correct in your actions. You should have just paid him the measly $1070. and been an honorable 'man' about it - especially when you rail-on about how 'corrupt' all men are. What a hypocritical, amoral sleeze you were with him!! ...ILP: the art of bending light - and truth.

Idea: Let's invite everybody to copy and share the ILP collections, just so long as they don't 'reproduce and sell the archive in its entirety', just stop short of 100% of the content, then let's set up a website and give it away free, so no one will actually even be selling copyrighted material, and then no one will ever have a need to buy anything from ILP again - whattaya think, Terry??

So, yeah: "People in Glass houses should'nt throw stones", dink.

While I have your limited-attention, tell your disciple, there, 'Ken V', that, outside of presenting events as straight-up factual news, (like the documentaries / videos you defend yourself with), re-enacting loss of human life, in this fashion, is NOT 'brilliant' NOR 'creative' - it's just plain SICK. Even IF some might agree with the 'alternative views' of the culpability of 9/11 - your portrayal of the people falling / jumping to their deaths set-to disco music, was extremely callous and unnecessary, even to make your Bush-bashing / 'down-with-American-foreign-policy' point. How do you think the families of the 'jumpers' would feel if they saw your spin on 'political satire'??? Do you actually think that would 'wake them up' and 'inspire them' to 'rally around you' and go storm the White House???? Yeah, they'd rally around you, alright...and probably feed you your own guts!!

Disagree?

Why don't you re-do the show, and re-create the likenesses of your Wife / Daughters on those max-models in your 'show', as-those that fell / jumped??...actually, even YOU could be one of those 'falling bodies!' ...Well, why not?? Whether you meant-to or not, you mock no less than three separate people - AND their families - with your carefully-set-to the-lyrics re-enactments of those deaths - even IF your 'goal' was Bush-admin bashing, you missed it by a MILE. If you can't see that, you'd better put that opium-pipe away, cause you've smoked waaay too much.

Still disagree?? Why don't you make a trip here, and play your 'political satire' show for all those that 'have their heads where the sun don't shine' - you can set right up on Pennsylvania Ave, in front of those that need to see this the most, so you can 'school' them with your 'brilliance' and 'creativity' - heck, we'll even loan you one of these great new RP scrims we use....and they can wrap you in it when you're done...

If it's 'not about the money', anyway, why don't you just get lost from the laser show industry and stick to golf? Trust me, we'll all be just fine without you...SOME of us don't NEED a stupid 3D 'crutch' to DRAW / animate....

THIS was a 'creative' and 'brilliant' way to make a 'statement'...

Ball is in your court, 'richard'...
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-12-2008 at 21:16. Reason: thought about apologizing to TG, but ya know, I re-read all his crap, and he's just not worthy...

I think that the ILP show is wrong and distasteful but I respect anyones right to say what they thing or express their views. That laser show was not forced on anyone and the guy has been polite about it despite the mudslinging going on here. In USA we don't ban books or torch authors when we don't agree with what they say. I am think some of you are taking it to far.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Angry

I payed lmr around 250$ or more for a frame set license of those cartoon frames, and yet you guys dont mind flipping them around the net for free? maybe I need to stop answering hardware questions on this forum?

steve roberts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I payed lmr around 250$ or more for a frame set license of those cartoon frames, and yet you guys dont mind flipping them around the net for free? maybe I need to stop answering hardware questions on this forum?

steve roberts
    HEY, you stop posting and some of us will come out to your house and drag you to the key board to answer us... You're lucky you came to SELEM; those water falls would have made it difficult to drive from Newton to Akron.

Did I missed something here.? Unfortunately ILP removed flash of that show so I don't know whats going on there. So can't comment. But what I can comment is on Looney Toons. Did ILP and LMR got a license from Warner Bros to recreate and sell those frames?. Who is fooling who here. If they did get a license I would gladly withdraw and apologise.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default Mushrooms

Hi Jon

Yes, as is in the record I downloaded a zip package from the internet many years ago, long before "file sharing" became fashionable.
    The zip contained just frames, nothing else, Still have it, I used them in a show I sold, then 12 months later someone claiming rights contacted me regarding payment.
    The price I did not agree with, and my offer was not accepted, so I have been pubically labelled as a thief ever since. I've moved on. Obviously others have not.
    Hobbyists may or may not have downloaded various frames from this site that were "shared" they do lasershows in their front rooms and may move on to larger things eventually recieving payment for the shows using that content. e.g. come and do a lasershow at my party, I'll buy the beers...

You advocate sharing ILP media in one statement, and then in another defend others rights, Go figure

I took a look at daystarlasers.com a tiny one page website that mentions creativity, Your toxic ramblings are creative, but I dont see much in what you may or may not have contributed to the laser display community.
    In your own words, "SOME of us don't NEED a stupid 3D 'crutch' to DRAW / animate, or maybe some are just incapable and mock others to satisfy their shortcomings.
    I didnt see the word professional in your website daystarlasers.com either, again for the record, your diatribes are recorded here in this public forum for your prospective customers to view, I wish you great success and prosperity.

My comments here are recorded also, but as I said, lasers are no longer my primary source of income, so it doesnt bother me.

I make lasershows, despite all of the critisism from small minded types, because I love lasers, that wont change,

Good luck with it all

ILP

Thumbs down Mushrooms...yes, and you should stop SMOKING them...

Yes, as is in the record I downloaded a zip package from the internet many years ago, long before "file sharing" became fashionable.
    The zip contained just frames, nothing else, Still have it, I used them in a show I sold, then 12 months later someone claiming rights contacted me regarding payment.
    The price I did not agree with, and my offer was not accepted, so I have been pubically labelled as a thief ever since. I've moved on. Obviously others have not. You advocate sharing ILP media in one statement, and then in another defend others rights, Go figure
    Oh, so LMR was lying about his own work, when he tells us that you not only took those files without permission / license from him OR NML, then converted them to ILDA format, so Oracle could use them in ??? whatever it was... (not likely they were using x-29...) - all this withOUT permission, and you call it 'file sharing'??? Sorry, that's THIEVERY. And your 'offer' was an insult, and, in the end, there was no offer: "I did consider paying a percentage of the monies I collected from the sale of the show to Oracle.. That percentage is 18% of the duration of the show, the time said animation appeared in the total running time of the show. 18% of the $300 you demand in your email " Follow Up 5 " equates to $54 by my calculation , now if I send that by FEDEX as you request, ( cost about $40 for the package ) it seems a bit pointless. Don't you agree.. "

Yes, indeed: ...ILP: the art of bending light - and truth.

And you need to read (you can, right??) the post - My 'advocacy' of sharing ILP crap was SARCASM, bozo...

I took a look at daystarlasers.com a tiny one page website that mentions creativity, Your toxic ramblings are creative, but I dont see much in what you may or may not have contributed to the laser display community.
    My 'toxic ramblings' seem-so to you, cause #1, you obviously did not READ the post, and #2, you are so doped-up on your own ego, you think everyone must think like you, and thus simply side-step the challenges put to you - it was a real self-centered thing to do to label your 'political satire' as a show 'about the times we live in' - as-if everyone already subscribes to your point-of-view, and does not find disrespectful of the victims / families, the way you depicted the jumpers, tied to those lyrics... well, guess what, IMO you FAILED to contribute anything helpful to either the laser show community, OR the world - you didn't 'reveal' anything that hasn't long-been postured, you just mocked the victims and made laserists looks like fanatics with little respect for human-losses...

And then, you insult those that did not up-and 'smoke your pipe' with your retaliatory 'mushrooms in a box' clip?? What are you, 12???

And as to our webPAGE, I don't have to make any apologies to you, since we book ~$200+K / year off of it - we'll put it fully-up when we're ready to put it fully-up, and at least it will be OUR WORK....

Lastly, the reputation I hold here, and elsewhere, for 'contributing to the laser display community' / being helpful, speaks for itself - of your 12 posts - how many did YOU spend in HELPING others here on PL?? I don't pretend to be some 'laser-god' or 'expert at all things', just share as-able / time permits, etc - even so, I think you're trumped...

In your own words, "SOME of us don't NEED a stupid 3D 'crutch' to DRAW / animate, or maybe some are just incapable and mock others to satisfy their shortcomings.
    Below are some of my HAND-drawn illustrations in pencil / colored pencil / watercolor - from HIGH SCHOOL. And as-to drawing / animating capability for laser shows, well, I have 'freeness of speech' in that regard, too...(I'd show more, but am sure you'll just pilfer / re-sell them...)

I didnt see the word professional in your website daystarlasers.com either, again for the record, your diatribes are recorded here in this public forum for your prospective customers to view,
    GOOD!!! I am happy to share these views with prospective clients, so they know where I stand on one-particular rip-off artist and his shameless bamboozling of a REAL laser artist / valued-member of the laser show industry (LMR), and on your twisted / totally-disrespectful 'political satire laser show'...

I fully respect your right to have / hold your views, but I take issue with you because of your bloody arrogant attitude and mis-treatment of LMR and mocking of those families'-losses, and then insulting all laserists who did not subscribe to your views...

... too-bad I am not the admin of this forum, cause you'd not be welcome anymore....at least not without apologies / amends to LMR, etc...
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-12-2008 at 21:18. Reason: didn't want TG to steal and re-use my drawings....