Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Seeking DB25 adaptor thingy....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,246

    Default Seeking DB25 adaptor thingy....

    I hope someone can help me.....

    I remember a thread from a while back where someone linked a clever little DB25 adaptor which you could take the top off and link whichever pins on the 'in' to whichever pins on the 'out' side. I think it was done by small press in pieces of bendy wire but can't be certain.

    I thought it was in response to one of my previous posts about X,Y reversal but it appears to not be the case....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    CLICK HERE

    its called an "rs232 serial jumperbox."

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Thanks so much!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    I desperetely try to find a METAL shielded db25 jumper box for hours, but can't find ANY seller which would sell to Switzerland...

    On eBay there's this one : http://cgi.ebay.com/RadioShack-276-1...item2eb2181151, but can't even contact seller to ask him if he sells to my country

    Does anybody know where I can find a great seller, or ultimately order it for me and then resend it to my home?? I'll pay a comission for that

    Thanks
    Sebastien

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Auburn, Washington
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I desperetely try to find a METAL shielded db25 jumper box for hours, but can't find ANY seller which would sell to Switzerland...

    On eBay there's this one : http://cgi.ebay.com/RadioShack-276-1...item2eb2181151, but can't even contact seller to ask him if he sells to my country

    Does anybody know where I can find a great seller, or ultimately order it for me and then resend it to my home?? I'll pay a comission for that

    Thanks
    Sebastien
    I just ordered a couple of those. PM me and I will send you one.

    Gene

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Thanks a lot for your help guys, that's really kind!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    just out of curiosity, why wont they sell to Switzerland? is something going on there?

    also, a customer sent me this link a few weeks ago. pretty neat little gadget. especially for prototyping and/or testing:

    DB25 BREAKOUT BOARD

    -Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

    ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

    Authorized Dealer for:

    • Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

    FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    just out of curiosity, why wont they sell to Switzerland? is something going on there?
    also, a customer sent me this link a few weeks ago. pretty neat little gadget. especially for prototyping and/or testing:
    DB25 BREAKOUT BOARD

    -Marc
    No the websites or eBay seller I found just don't sell out of USA/Canada...

    Thanks for the link but this won't work, the intented use of this jumper box is to inject an interlock signal into the ILDA cable right at the output of the pangolin interface, instead of going to the projector with a separate cable

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southport, UK
    Posts
    2,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    No the websites or eBay seller I found just don't sell out of USA/Canada...

    Thanks for the link but this won't work, the intented use of this jumper box is to inject an interlock signal into the ILDA cable right at the output of the pangolin interface, instead of going to the projector with a separate cable
    Take a spur out of a 1m cable and enclose the splice with something like:


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t%20box.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	22738
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

    Doc's website

    The Health and Safety Act 1971

    Recklessly interfering with Darwinís natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Yeah Doc that would be a solution, but that would cost me an extra cable + the box, that's more work (I hate welding on a DSUB connector ) and that's breaking the shielding...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •