Thread: 4 Watt 635 diode on eBay, 2 hours left...

Lightbulb 4 Watt 635 diode on eBay, 2 hours left...

Anyone know who this is? They are local to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-watt-true-CW-6...d=p3286.c0.m14

Sounds like the diode fluff was talking about.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 10-01-2008 at 11:16.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

wow cheap!!! !
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Laserprogram is Stan Turecki also known on alt.lasers as Bob.
    Has a mixed reputation around the world though has always been very helpful when I have dealt with him. He was something of a Solid State Guru at one time.
    That btw is not Marks laser. The one Mark had was a SDL and was 650nm iirc - It certainly wasnt 635 and was a fibre coupled laser not a laser pumped fibre as this is.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Doh !! Should have sniped it......I really don't have time for it anyway. Would have been neat to see it in action though!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I tried but was not sucessful
    Never mind - Would be nice to see though

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I wouldn't recommend anyone doing deals with laserprogram/stan turecki/bob/uhvstuff (and probably many more aliases that i dont know) i for one have felt his "creative" ways of dealing, on my own body.. i bought what should have been a kit for building a 5W dpss and some parts for building a red dpss from him for $7500 a few years back... it took several months before i even received anything, and what i did receive was just complete junk that noone could build a laser out of.. defective diodes, optics with wrong properties, a lot of stuff missing etc.. i guess he just basically emptied his trash can in a cardboard box and shipped it to me..
    i have argued with him for some years, and he gets quite intimidating.. At some point we agreed that he should pay at least the $2500 back, and when he didnt do that, and i asked why, he just said that he would never pay back money to me when asked and bothered him all the time.. (!)

So i went to his local police, who knew him quite well, but seems to be more interested in eating donuts than doing something about it... they have now had the case for a couple of years, and i have heard nothing..

So to all of you guys: Please stay clear of this sucker, and dont make the same mistakes as me..

Regards, Simon

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Turecki Stiffed a friend of mine for 6K, said friend sold his Harley to buy a 3 watt single phase lamp pumped green yag from him. Laser arrived 6 months later, quite dead, after much threatening and investigation etc. Turecki used a pencil to hold down the lamp start relay, when the overcurrent trip was cutting out the damaged lamp. The psu was fried beyound repair. He left the broken off pencil inside the relay when he shipped it! Turecki refused to to refund. He's somewhat protected some how from both the FBI and his local cops as Simon and my friend found out. Once upon a time he knew what he was doing. He's careful not to stiff big time corporate buyers, but the odds of that ze:blan fiber not being damaged inside are small. Many, many, people wish him ill.
    How he got that many positive feedbacks I dont know. Maybe someone is handling his affairs for him.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 10-18-2008 at 14:27.

Hi Steve

Sorry to hear that your friend has also been caught in tureckis mill..

how can someone be protected from the police/fbi ??
    -That just seems very very wrong to me...

Regards, Simon

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Showlaser.dk View Post
    Hi Steve

Sorry to hear that your friend has also been caught in tureckis mill..

how can someone be protected from the police/fbi ??
    -That just seems very very wrong to me...

Regards, Simon
    It is wrong.

Its very, very. rare! Most Americans would be locked up and the key thrown away for what he has done. It probably disgusts the hell out of whomever protects him. He probably has done work for a government project or is a informant and is considered essential personel. I MUST STRESS, this is VERY, VERY, VERY, rare. And for most classified projects, his kind of behavior would get his security clearance instantly yanked(If he even has one) for financial impropriety.

If I ripped off someone for 3000-6000 dollars I'd be looking at a felony conviction, fines, paying restitution, and the loss of my rights to vote, own firearms, work with children, hold a clearance, possibly lose my car and home, and probably some prison, probably financial ruin, and my job prospects would be nil. A second conviction, well it gets much worse.

So how he's gotten away with it is a mystery, but since some of his bad dealings were intrastate, the Feds had to be involved.

Steve