Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help replacing mirrors on new Lserwork 50 K scanners

leaving mirrors in place ....

Installing the the laserworld scanners now and have come across a big sticking point.

My ilda card only seems to have 3 cables XY and ground lead , this use to go to a driver single card that that drove both scanners.

i am not sure how to feed these 3 leads (X,Y,Ground) into the laser world scanner driver board which has 2 seperate driver boards (x & y Board) requiring ILDA +5,-5 Ground + other stuff from the 24 V PSU.

Should i leave skip this cabeling and take signal direct frem where the ilda cable enters the unit (effectivley pulling signal directly from the Fiesta DAC)

was hoping to get this up tonight but see i will have wait till tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    to replace those mirrors is just not a case of " a drop of glue and hope for the best"

when the mirrors are assembled onto the shaft in the factory they use a precision jig that makes sure that the mirror is perfectly central and ballanced, the mirror also has to be perfectly in line with the shaft, anything less than perfect will result in instability and you could end up with worse performance than you have with the current mirrors
    Sucks for me as I managed to knock one of my mirrors off. I did manage to get it back in nicely, only to later learn that I put it in the wrong way around... Doh!

Now I'm a bit reluctant to remove the mirror and put it back in the right way.

My trick to get it parallel with the shaft is to let the mirror hang straight down from the scanner while the epoxy is curing, that way gravity will pull it straight. Unfortunately that's not all there is to it. You also need the mirror to be perfectly centered.

hi zero

see my PM buddy

Karl