Thread: Halloween laser show

Default Halloween laser show

There is currently a "Spooky2" halloween show on the FTP site that is pretty good for showing while trick or treaters come by. But, it could use a little jazzing up. Does anyone want to colaberate on creating an enhanced Spaghetti version? If so, we could break it up into pieces and each do a part. I'm not sure what could be done. Maybe apply some effects to the frames that don't move, or maybe show some twinking stuff in the background to make it more interesting. Anyway, if interested let me know.

hey Gary, what directory is the file in? I can't seem to find it ...

EDIT: NVM, found it

I am not sure. Maybe under Mamba shows? Regardless, I have it and can send it to anyone who wants to help out. Also, last year I converted it to a Spaghetti show and got it working. It was the old version of Spaghetti, though, and the file format was different. I am currently working on converting it to the current format. I should have that done by the weekend, hopefully. Then all that has to be done is to tweak it, if desired.

Anyway, if you are interested let me know and I can get the Spaghetti project file to you so you can use it in Spaghetti.

I would be interested in the project file , it would be pretty cool to project a few of these onto the palm tree's out the back

OK. I have attached the Spooky.zip file that contains the project file and skeleton directory structure for the Spooky show. You will need to copy the "spooky_list.ild" file into the "ILDA" directory. Copy the "01 Take A Trip Through The Haunted House If You Dare!.mp3" into the main directory with the .spaghetti file. You should be able to open up Spaghetti, load the Spooky.spaghetti file and play the show. I added a couple empty layers in case anyone wants to add some overlapping animation effects or whatever.

We should jazz it up a little somehow. Maybe we can at least make the animations spin around or morph or something. It would be nice if the animations faded into each other. But, I don't have a fade effect so that is something I need to add. Everytime I make a new Spaghetti show I think of new effects to add. If you can think of any let me know. This is a good way to test the software and to come up with new ideas.

Anyway, if anyone wants to help then we should start a group as soon as possible so that we can work together.

And of course, thanks to whoever originally created this show. I guess I should ask permission if it is OK to jazz it up? I hope thats ok!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool

Fred Blockland (aka Astroguy) made that show back in 2006 using Mamba Black. (This was just before he upgraded to Pangolin.) He used a bunch of ILDA files that came with Mamba, plus some more that he found on the web.

I don't think he'll mind if you jazz it up. But you can send him a PM if you want...

Adam