Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: lighting

I can recommend the Martin scanners,i scored both models i use from ebay

2 MX 4's - AU $550.00
    6 MX1's - AU1150.00

Even second hand these are really nice little fixtures for the money spent, same as you as the gigis get bigiger the toys get better,

I missed out on 2 x 1200W golden scans at auction by a wisker they went for AU$1500.00 while old these are pretty cool fixtures.

When the AU dollar is strong i also look over seas as savings can be considerable and most o these unit can be switched as theye are used for touring.

I opted for martin Light jocky for PC controll at US$1100 only as i had experience with it om wishing i spent a little more and gone got a HOG solution and will trade out to it as finance allows.

Can you give some feedback on the intimdators i have been seriously looking at some of these, they seem to go at pretty good pricing if you keep an eye out. I spoke to a sales guy and he said the scanners motors are good but dont provide the resolution ( smoothness) of the Martin product. Also the MX4' shave independant gobo and colour wheels which gives a lot moree flexibility.
    Last edited by zerowaitstate; 05-10-2009 at 17:47.

wow learn something new every day etc... Just did a look for some of the MX4s they go for a pretty fair price. I'm impressed! I think I know what im going to be upgrading to next Just thought I would add - I hate you all haha, I can tell now that this site is going to end up costing me a fortune lol

Default re

id like to do a full review on all my kit but my camera broke at trance energy and i still aint got it fixed, i have to say the intimidators are amazingly good for the price, they are the best low end 5 channel scanners i hav ever used. At £125 a unit brand new they are fantastic, the build quality is excellent (iv dropped them so many times and not one has ever broke. the only gripe is the mirrors are very thin but i think thats similar of alot of manufacturers. i would recommend these lights to anyone, i absolutly love them but after having them for over 6 years you start to want more features,

id say these fixtures were the best low end scanners on the market in the same price range, iv never had a fault with them and i mean any fault, nothing at all, i dont think iv ever had to reset them because of a problem to be honest. they are superb

there is a video of these next to an abstract vxr lighting fixture that cost double and the intimidators are alot brighter and the guy says alot better. ill post when i find it.

easily my favourite fixture if i was to rate them all but not the best in my collection. if your just starting out they are the perfect scanner and will last forever i think (maybe iv just been lucky but i have had 1 of them 6 years) but they dont have a huge amount of features so get slightly boring after a while but it took me 5 years to get bored. hehe

to be honest at £125 id say get 8 of em cause u can have 8 of these for the price of 1 martin fixture, maybe it doesnt do anywhere near as much but with good programing it will look a hell of alot better and will last u.

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Do you know of a decent rolling barrel type scanner? Do martin make any? or similar? that are sensible prices s/h? HID bulbs would be nice toooo...

Quote Originally Posted by madgadget View Post
    Do you know of a decent rolling barrel type scanner? Do martin make any? or similar? that are sensible prices s/h? HID bulbs would be nice toooo...
    They did, same size as the Roboscan 812, we have a few on the truss at the club but the name escapes me right now, let me sleep on it.....
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I have installed a ton of Wizards. They have been reliable and are great filler.

http://www.martinpro.com/product/pro...=wizardextreme

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Smile Re

The martin wizard is a definite floor filler but so are a set of 4 datamoons and considering u could have 8 datamoons for the price of 1 martin.wizard I know what I'd go for.
    It's a very interesting effect though a martin wizard but extremly over prices for what the unit does, it's basically a moon flower with a barrel roller on the top.
    The only 2 barrel rollers I know of are the abstract vxr and the chauvet insignia. I'd recommend either of these as being ok units. To be honest most top quality manufacturers don't seem to Make barrel rollers and it's a shame cause I'd love to see iris, prism, colour filters the works on a barrel light, even just a simple gobo rotator would be nice.

If anyone knows of any please give me a shout.

Cheers ollie.

Just a quick update if actually found that the acme isolution 7 barrel type has rotating interchangable gobos so that looks like the best barrel roller if seen. it uses 250w msd bulbs and has 7 channel dmx. They are a bit pricey though at £450 a pop. The chauvet insignia is 5 channel dmx and fixed gobos but there £500 for 4. If u have the money though I'd get these acmes cause they will look amazing. The 7th channel is a shutter so u can have strobe in any colour or gobo.
    Last edited by oliverst14@hotmail.com; 05-14-2009 at 04:13. Reason: Found more info
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

There are lots of barrel effects available, either simple scanner types with barrel instead of mirror or gobo flowers with barrels like the Wizard.

Gobo flower barrels:
    Martin do the Mania EFX series
    Futurelight FY-200
    Abstract Moon Star (iirc) the did 2 which were basically the Twister 4 body with a mirror or barrel attachment
    Eurolite

Regular barrels:
    Abstract gladiator (and revolutions)
    Futurelight CY260
    Eurolite also do/did one or 2
    American DJ double roller
    Robe Club roller

the list goes on.....

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Sold off my lighting gear, but had the following-

6 x TAS Mini Ultrascans (MSD 200)
    4 x Clay Paky Mini Scan (HTI 150)
    4 x Starlight Mk5 (MSR 1200)
    4 x Abstract Twisters
    1 Martin Supermoon (modified to take HTI 150)
    1 x Quasar 15KW strobe
    4 x Deathstar 2KW strobes
    4 x 400W UV cannons

And about 2 KM of cable.
    lighting.... whew you don't even want to know what i have in lighting in both my club and my rental division!!! my wife thinks i'm some kind of lighting freak or something... you know it's bad when you travel out of town and your wife can say " hey look they have Martin Mac 550's" LOL!!!

It's almost addictive as lasers!