Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffo's projector is coming home tonight!

Cool

Good to know that!

Fortunately I almost never shoot them from the launcher. Much more fun to set them off on the ground. (Lots louder!)

The Salute to America shells leave a trail as they ascend from the launch tube. They are also *much* louder. (Hard to believe, but it's true.) The concussion at anything under 10 yards is not exactly painful, but certainly uncomfortable. As for your ears, they're deafening at that range. My ears rang for a good 30 seconds after I set off the very first one on the ground (at a range of about 6 yards). Big mistake!

I don't like to throw them by hand at all. If one were to have a lighting fast fuse and went off in your hand, you'd be left with nothing more than a stump at the wrist. They're really that powerful.

Adam

Default re

that looks a really nice job with the wiring there. im hoping to acheive a similar look with mine. dont know if it will be that good though

cheers oli

Cool

Oli;

Yeah, well, David is really good with wiring runs. He has made at least 10 different projectors himself, so he's had lots of practice!

Adam

Default specs

have you got the specs of this projector by the way.
    cheers oli

Cool

Projector specs:

400 mw 660nm red (pair of Mayx modules with analog modulation, combined with a PBS cube)
    150 mw 532nm green (Lasever module with analog blanking - turned down quite a bit for good white)
    100 me 473 nm blue (Lasever module with analog blanking)
    Scanners are the new Scan-pro 50's from LaserShowParts.com.
    Shutter is a GM-20
    Dichros are from Edmunds

Adam