Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffo's projector is coming home tonight!

Smile Buffo's projector is coming home tonight!

Would love to stay and chat, but I need to get my ass on the road soon. My projector will be waiting for me in Savannah, GA in a few hours! (Can't wait to get it back and start watching all these cool new shows!)

Big thanks to David for all the work re-wiring the beast. I did not have the time. (I'm still swamped, but I think I can spare an hour or so later tonight to fire it up...)

Pics and video to follow soon. (When I get back.)

Oh yeah, and I think this makes 4000 posts for me. Wheeee! (Do I get a prize or something?)

Adam

i just started building my projector and doing wiring

it sure is time consuming! and he did a damn good job i cant wait for action shots
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Oh yeah, and I think this makes 4000 posts for me. Wheeee! (Do I get a prize or something?)

How about a new projector! Ok, here is a before and after shot. The projector has just started its 2nd pass of the echo's show. So its been running straight for about an hour and 20 minutes. Now and then I'll reach over and kill the interlock loop, then restart it, so far so good. See ya in Savannah!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.JPG  

1.JPG  

Thumbs up

Wow - hardly looks like the same rig!!

Nice!!

AND -

Congrats on reaching the Photon Lexicon posting milestone!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

WOW! A+ job! Who built the ILDA breakout board? Can I get any info on it's functions? What does the smaller DB connector communicate to?
    Thanks!
    Adam

I'd be willing to bet that's a VERY nice DZ special custom build!!

For us "less-capable" folk, you might want to try these:

http://www.winfordeng.com/products/brk25.php
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Hey guys...

Well - made it back without falling asleep or hitting a deer! Was too tired to hook it up last night though. This morning I got up and went straight to the living room to set up the projector. Got a chance to watch about a half-dozen shows before the sun came up. *nice*...

DZ, you did a great job. Wiring is much neater! Everything works as it should. Tonight I'm going to set it up in the backyard and re-do the optical alignment. I've got a 105 ft throw back there, so I should be able to get it dialed in really close. (It's almost there now, but I can get it even tighter I think.)

Also, I've already come up with one change. The fans sound like they are spinning nearly twice as fast as before. They're way too loud. I'm not sure exactly why this is, as I had them powered off the old 12V PSU before, so they shouldn't be seeing any more voltage now. But they're screaming compared to how they were. Maybe they're just getting old... Anyway, I've got some nice ball-bearing fans here that I think I'll install and see if that quiets them down any. If not, then I'll install a fan speed controller in line to slow them down some.

300Evil:

The board you see is not really an ILDA breakout board per se. It's actually where all the interlock circuits are. (And the time delay, and the voltage regulators, and the main relay.) But yeah, the ILDA signals pass through it to the scanners and the lasers.

Previously I had a lot of that crap mounted on the back cover. Looks a lot neater mounted on a board like that though, doesn't it? (Also, I didn't have a custom power-on time-delay before. Now there is an *adjustable* delay between powering up the lasers and when emission actually starts.)

Smaller PSU's, less wiring, less confusion, and a hell of a lot neater. What more could I ask for? David, you're the best! Hope you like the Sheridan's. (And be damn careful with those fireworks! )

Adam

(And be damn careful with those fireworks! )

Adam
    You didnt give him one of those power balls did you, lol

Cool

George;

Yeah; 2 powerballs, and 4 of the even more powerful "Salute to America" shells. Hope he doesn't hurt himself with them!

The powerballs are great, but the Salute to America shells are downright frightening. Seriously. They scare the hell out of me. (They're also a lot more expensive than the powerballs - 6 bucks a shell - but they're worth it.)

Last time I was at the shop, the dude said he couldn't get the powerballs anymore, and he expected that the Salute to America shells would soon be out of stock as well.

But you know that guy - he always gets good stuff. Wonder what the latest "good" shell is that he's selling...

Adam

George;

Yeah; 2 powerballs, and 4 of the even more powerful "Salute to America" shells. Hope he doesn't hurt himself with them!

The powerballs are great, but the Salute to America shells are downright frightening. Seriously. They scare the hell out of me. (They're also a lot more expensive than the powerballs - 6 bucks a shell - but they're worth it.)

Last time I was at the shop, the dude said he couldn't get the powerballs anymore, and he expected that the Salute to America shells would soon be out of stock as well.

But you know that guy - he always gets good stuff. Wonder what the latest "good" shell is that he's selling...

Adam
    the SCPTA took the rest of them, no replacement item in sight

I still have 12 of them left, they become unstable over time and the lifter charge just becomes a quick fuse so if you plan on shooting one out of the tube for whatever reason, back away quickly as the tube could be blown out at you without warning. Usage without the tube is honestly a better bet but also be warned that if the lifter charge has become a quickfuse then you wont have the warning of the lifter charge.