Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Galvo mirror mount (wanna try fixing it?)

Default Broken Galvo mirror mount (wanna try fixing it?)

okay so today i was well long story short being a FUCKING idiot and broke my galvo mirror off and even better broke the tabs off that hold the mirror.

so now i either need a replacement galvo or i need someone that has the talent to somehow fix it.

if you wanna take on the challenge i would like it if you could fix it, then mount a new matching mirror on the other galvo and then tune it? if not i can try myself.

so here are some pictures.

i would gladly pay for your time and effort and also for the replacement mirrors!

what a shitty day
    -Josh

Hi,

Bummer... been there myself.

Is that shaft bent it looks a bit bent in the pix ??

If bent you are going to need a major repair or replacemnt of the galvo in full or in part.

Is that a DT40 ?

If so they will supply just that unit on its own I think from memory the cost was like $170.00 or something around that.

My guess is you aren't going to get a cheap fix on this one.

Good luck Ray
    NZ

the shaft isnt bent thats just the pics.

and yes they are dt40 pros.

i sent them an email asking about a price. but im guessing it wont be to cheap
    -Josh

dt40 mirrors from jain are £30 delivered, well thats what they cost me.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Unhappy That sucks....

Yeah, but he also snapped off the slotted end of the galvo shaft that holds the mirror! That's going to be more difficult to fix.

Damn dude - what did you do to snap the shaft like that? (Had to be something pretty violent...) I'm assuming that you pulled the galvo out of the mount after the shaft broke, right?

Best bet would probably be to send it back to Jian in China. He'll probably repair it for you for a reasonable fee. (Send him a PM here.) The bitch is going to be the shipping costs to and from China though. (Probably at least $30 each way.)

Really sorry to hear it Josh...

Adam

I havent "tried" flexing the metal bits on my galvo's that hold the mirror, and dont intend to, but how the heck did you snap them off?? :O

Hope you get it all fixed up OK, sucks when shit like this happens

well i blame the damn houston humidity i constantly have sweat caked in my hands and everything is slippery.

what happened....

i was trying to take out the galvo so i could mark and drill my new plate of aluminum and make my projector permanent. so i was trying to remove the galvo and some how slipped and boom i thought it was just the glass and as you can imagine i screamed a few cuss words and pretty much my heart sank. lol

then i saw it was worse than expected!
    then i screamed some more.
    -Josh

Cool

Damn... *Really* sorry to hear that dude. Especially since you had them running already - and looking good too!

Send a PM to Jian725 here on PL and see what he can do for you. (Include a link back to this thread.)

Adam

i already have been in contact with him.

he said he will have to replace the shaft and then a new mirror and he will tune it for me as well.
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    i already have been in contact with him.

he said he will have to replace the shaft and then a new mirror and he will tune it for me as well.
    Yes,when replace the new shaft,mirror and re-tune the scanner,it looks same new sets
    In case if the galvo not well ,I have to replace the new coil.that is not repair,almost a new galvo.So the cost higher than I send the mirrors to you.

PS.
    Not receive your email yet,I must send my chinese address with a picture,then you print it and put on the package.That always better for shipping.
    Jian
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner