Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rabbit... rabbit.... rabbit ....

i also just enquired about some IRC space at blinkenshell.org (friends of mine)

Granted the vBulliten Chat would probably be best due to it's easy coupling with the existing board, but the one I have built is superiour in terms of functionilty. I just wish I had a page set up for a demo. Like I said in an earlier post I built the back end with a Java Server application using sockets, so in terms of a chat program, it's heavy weight. You don't even need a database, all connections are asyncronous and update instantly.
    I don't think specs has a dedicated server and so I'd rebuild the back end, but this wouldnt be a real biggy.

The pros for implementing the chat this way is that we can all request new features. You can pay me in photons

Anyway I'd be humbly honoured to show of my chat room, if that's what you want.

Graham

why not just throw up a MuD.. LaserMuD...

i have put together plenty muds in the past..

I still own blinkenmud.org

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    why not just throw up a MuD.. LaserMuD...

i have put together plenty muds in the past..

I still own blinkenmud.org
    A Multi-User Domain?

a talkie mud is just a socket connection like IRC but you can add all kinds of cool stuff to it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talker

Sounds cool.
    In the mean-time, is anybody doing anything on ustream tonite or this week?
    I signed up and got it working. I've also got mixers and studio/sound programs
    ...Adam, your music sounds like direct-in to the board (no room ambience echo) do you run your music directly from the output of your soundcard to line-in to broadcast to ustream in this way?
    .. I think I'll rig up a laser-show and play live guitar.. any requests?..haha..

This sounds good ....

my original thoughts were lets have a chat room thats directly connected and officialy approved by everyone here .....

also... i think its a good way to not allow on topic threads to be filled up with off topic garbage ..... rather than going off on a tangent .... ( and i have done it many times ) i can post lets go to the chat room and chat ....

also it makes a great social thing .....

all the best .... Karl

Think we should have a vote on what kind of chat room we would like to set up...but let's also not forget that this aint 'our' forum. It's Specs and he may not want to put one on.

What'cha say Spec?

well i have a room over at irc.blinkenshell.org #photonlexicon... anyone who knows IRC can join me..