Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPSS green needs repair.

Definitely a TO-3 mount not c mount.
    Junktronics is a member here. Just look up the members list and it should have his store/ phone #. He may be able to give U advice. Could also try OneStopLaserShop, or post to Steve Roberts (laserGuru) either here or on google groups- alt.lasers. Laser Sam may even chime in over there to give U some help if you are very clear and specific about the problem and solution needed.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    FYI the "diode" is shaped like this
    http://www.anatechinstruments.in/Pro...ODE%20copy.JPG
    but without the hole..

it may just be an "open can" diode... but i could always replace it with a closed can diode.. should make no difference

definately C mount....

just need to replace it i guess...
    If it doesn't have the hole, are you sure it's the diode not just a transistor? The hole is where the light comes from and is kind of important.

"without the hole"... I missed that.
    I've had a couple tonite (as usual), so my judgement may be impaired, but looking at the pic (as posted above) it kinda looks like a c-mount inside of a TO-3 bracket ..sorta... kinda hard to make out in that photo..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.JPG  

kindo a laser century revamp........I have a few of these in parts. TEC driver is really touchy....most of the diodes are driven just befor exploding....the newer ones I have seen anyway.Older units are much better ....a simple C mount diode....the older units had a TO3 can....probably using parts left over....housings,optics tubes.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

there is this tiny hairlike strand that i think broke...
    If you have expertise in electronics, micro-soldering, and lasers, I'd say go for it! If not, I'd go with everybody else's advise here, bite the bullet and buy a new or used one. The only other option that I can think of is to send it out for repair (if you can find a place that repairs those.)