Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Laserists

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Philly, and a ring of turf within say 75 miles of it, for those of us who have traveled frequently, tends to have the most expensive lodging costs , hotels , even a cheaper super 8, will ALL be upwards of 120+ dollars on weekends, with nasty taxes. Maryland is too close to Conover, ie SELEM. Unless you can rent a scout camp with cabins some place, you have three costs, 1. A Medium to Large Hall with decent power, II Lodging, III travel by car, as most will want to bring their gear.

Perhaps the best way is to see whom wants to go, and start drawing rings of increasing size around their home base locations, and see where the most collide.

More like move up to Reading or Harrisburg. Delaware water gap area has decent facilities.

Steve

well the advantages in using the space i have in nyc is that its a full concert stage
    with lights sound and 3 phase power (we just have to find a date that is cool with the club) but i should be able to work it out for free
    and if its close to ny i can get dan cohn (the current ilda tech chair) to come out
    --
    John Loughlin
    VJ AIWAZ
    vjaiwaz.com

http://www.websterhall.com/

i agree that that sounds sweet, but the things we need to take in to account (as already said) are #1 travel (distance) #2 Logging (cost)..

Any hall would do in a pinch...

Hi All,

I'm in central NY state (Syracuse area) - I'd be into a CAMEL or NELEM! I also know a guy in northern VA with an impressive gas laser collection who may be interested.

-Andy C.

well im thinking we should start looking at spring.. winter is a bad time for travel in the NE and by spring, most people (that get it) will have their vacation time.. lets look into doing something in PA.. gettysburg has cheap lodging.. i know a place called "all star sports complex" that may be perfect (had a rave there once).. i have MANY Dj friends that would come up to do music for free as well (jeramey sin, joe kopesek...)

hey keeperx

you know a lot of people from the pa area do you happen to know joe reese of pawn laser (i havent seen him in years since the early raves in ny)

I really hope if this gets off the ground that I don't have class - I would love to come check out some of the "little" lasers you guys have

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    hey keeperx

you know a lot of people from the pa area do you happen to know joe reese of pawn laser (i havent seen him in years since the early raves in ny)
    OMG pawn is the reason i got into lasers man...

I used to go to many shows all over where pawn did lasers.. old school multi watt green with a beamtable and glass beam splitters and that DMX control board with the metal touch plates... LOL

i just picked up one of those touch panels a few months back

wow i just did a web search and pawn still has a website
    http://www.pawnlasers.com/

dam i think the last time i saw those guys they were doing somthing called spawn (laser/ techno band)