Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential UKLEM 4 date.

Default Potential UKLEM 4 date.

Seeing I did not make it to UKLEM 3.5 I've been itching for someone to start posting details for UKLEM 4 which I believe is due to be held some time in February. Well as yet no one has so I thought I would start the feelers for dates and would we be looking to be back at the same venue in Leicester.
    How about the thired or forth weekend?

Carl

I'd vote that we avoid the 15th as Sat' 14th is Valentines Day and I guess there may be quite a few people doing shows that night (or taking their other half out for a romantic meal ). Other than that i'll try to fit in with whatever is best for others

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

first we need a venue?

and what about a two day meet?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

I guess the starting point would have to be Fluff and the availability of the Venue.

p.s. I take it you meant the fourth weekend and not some obscure reference to programming languages or Scottish Railway bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ... I guess there may be quite a few people ... taking their other half out for a romantic meal
    You really are a soppy bugger, aint ya !

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I'd vote that we avoid the 15th as Sat' 14th is Valentines Day and I guess there may be quite a few people doing shows that night (or taking their other half out for a romantic meal ). Other than that i'll try to fit in with whatever is best for others

Jem
    hell no! have you seen the prices?

she can cook for me!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Agree with you there Jem.

So were probably looking at either the 22nd or maybe the 1st of March.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ...and what about a two day meet?
    The chances of staking a claim to a nightclub on a Saturday night for a Laser meet reminds me of a real life Southern amateur football team who managed to get away with the name "Norfolk Enchants".

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    You really are a soppy bugger, aint ya !
    Well, after being with my wife for around 29 years (almost 23 of them married), it's nice that I still want to take her out for a nice romantic meal

On another note...

Has anyone spoken to Mark (Fluff) recently?, we could do with seeing if he's prepared to organise and let us use the venue again.

If for any reason we can't get the Leicester venue there's a nice sized venue that I could organise just off J40 of the M1. Obviously this is only a suggestion as a last resort, I wouldn't want to stop using the Leicester venue if we got a chance of that. It's just an option that's available just in case, it's also very easy to get to.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I spoke to Mark yesterday and will likely talk again early next week. I will mention it then and get a yes or no.
    I am one who likes the idea of a 2 dayer but its not going to happen in the existing venue for the simple reason it will be in use on Sat night. This will be the problem with many venues as Sat is a popular choice for obvious reasons. We may have to pay to get a certainty for Sat & Sun and it will need to be a hall or similar rather than a club - There is no way we will compete with bar & door takings ....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk