Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a fogger

I find I can run my fog machine for like a 3-5 hour school disco, fogging every 5 mins or so (You know those kids, they LOVE thier fog!!) and the fluid in the tank only drops like 1cm. It is a good idea to relpace the fluid if it hasnt been used for a while, Glycerin can smell like crap after a while!

EDIT: That fog in my avatar is actually from a fazer, they are quite effective at filling large halls etc! In the pic, we were pumpin it out at full output -- end of the concert hehehehe....

I have 2 Antari Z1500 and I always use JEM. Just don't buy any American DJ...Cheuvete...Maxumum performance and shit like that and you will be fine.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

That was fast, ordered mid afternoon yesterday, arrived 2pm today!

Glycerin can smell like crap after a while!
    Although you can make fog juice with glycerine and water, most commercial fog fluid is propylene glycol and/or triethylene glycol mixed with distilled water. (NEVER use Ethylene glycol aka antifreeze, it's lethal!) The higher the price, the less water, and the longer the 'hang'. All fog fluids are hygroscopic (attract water) so any fog that gets inside any of your kit will encourage corrosion.
    All these fluids have a tendancy to accumulate bacterial growths that not only make the fluid smell strange, but can clog up the tubes in the fog machine heat exchanger and may be hazardous. Once a container of fluid is opened, it should be used as soon as possible and care should be taken to avoid dust contamination. If you have any doubts about fog fluid, don't use it. Never leave fluid in a machine, always empty it out into a clean container.