Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a fogger

Default Bought a fogger

Bought a fogger at long last.

Was going to go for the Vivid V1 as per Jem's suggestion as back on offer at Maplin but then I found a hitch - Maplin don't sell Antari Fog Liquid, in fact most places don't!!!

Maplin only sell Soundlab and looking at the bottle its both toxic if ingested and warns of slippery floors - I see that residue horror raising its head again for halloween!!

E-mailed Antari and they only recommend their own fluid (I said I wanted to use Jem).

After much deliberation, I decided the risk of damaging the machine with Jem liquid and the extra cost of getting the machine and fluid from different places simply wasn't worth it.

So in the end I found a Martin Magnum 650 brand new for £61.08 and 5 litres of Jem Standard DJ fluid for £10.43. Total £78 with postage!!!

More than I can really afford at the moment, but I think I made the right choice all things considered. Just waiting on delivery now.

We had several Jem Zr33s and they were great machines. You get what you pay for. And these are not cheap Chinese products. I think you will be happy with them.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

RGB

I have had a few 'cheapie' foggers that last about 12 months before dieing, however 2 years ago I bought a Magnum 550 - similar money to what you paid (inc the 5 litres) and its been ace. For the money youve spent I think you have prob made best choice.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default re

hi
    i founf that a fogger can sometimes put out too much in a big dump so i went for a hazer. it cost £100 and is an acme hp 5s i think. with there own fluid its superb and just what i was after as its not a big intrusive waft in your face.
    normally acme product are quite cheap and nasty but this is a sturdy very well built product. when we first used it we used the cheap sound lab fluid and it was terrible. steer clear of anything made by sound lab its the cheapest of the cheap.

cheers oli

Oli uses the same fogger as Wylie Coyote

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Bought a fogger at long last.

Was going to go for the Vivid V1 as per Jem's suggestion as back on offer at Maplin but then I found a hitch - Maplin don't sell Antari Fog Liquid, in fact most places don't!!!

Maplin only sell Soundlab and looking at the bottle its both toxic if ingested and warns of slippery floors - I see that residue horror raising its head again for halloween!!

E-mailed Antari and they only recommend their own fluid (I said I wanted to use Jem).

After much deliberation, I decided the risk of damaging the machine with Jem liquid and the extra cost of getting the machine and fluid from different places simply wasn't worth it.

So in the end I found a Martin Magnum 650 brand new for £61.08 and 5 litres of Jem Standard DJ fluid for £10.43. Total £78 with postage!!!

More than I can really afford at the moment, but I think I made the right choice all things considered. Just waiting on delivery now.
    Congrats - you're definitely getting all the "tools" together you'll need to put together a nice home show! Did you get a chance to try out your enclosed carport yet?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default hi

beep beep and road runner dont forget him. used to love that.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverst14@hotmail.com View Post
    hi
    i founf that a fogger can sometimes put out too much in a big dump so i went for a hazer. it cost £100 and is an acme hp 5s i think. with there own fluid its superb and just what i was after as its not a big intrusive waft in your face.
    normally acme product are quite cheap and nasty but this is a sturdy very well built product. when we first used it we used the cheap sound lab fluid and it was terrible. steer clear of anything made by sound lab its the cheapest of the cheap.

cheers oli
    The Acme hp5s is actually a "fazer" a fogger that pretends its a hazer - puts out a continous slow stream of fog instead of a big burst. Nothing wrong in that, just not to be confused with a hazer - they literally start at around £400!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Congrats - you're definitely getting all the "tools" together you'll need to put together a nice home show! Did you get a chance to try out your enclosed carport yet?
    No I've had no smoke so haven't had a chance to try anything unfortunately. I also still need to get a stand for safety's sake. I've had the entire car port enlcosed in but thats about as far as I've gone so far. I'm looking forwards to trying the laser with the fog though as the canned haze was disappointing to say the least.

Default re

very true hazers are like large stage applications but it does its job very well for the price. i used to carry a fan around and stick it in front of the fogger. it just looked a bit cheap and nasty so decided i would get a smoke machine with a fan built in(fazer). makes sense and actually gives a better over all effect i think than a fogger because when i used the fogger it annoyed the audiance this big cloud of smoke drifting accross iv evan had people walk away from it cause they thought it would hurt them. they dont even notice this being on and is still very effective.
    used it the other day out side and it worked loads better than a conventional fogger. used a hell of alot of fluid though.

used it the other day out side and it worked loads better than a conventional fogger. used a hell of alot of fluid though.
    Yes they tend to because they're on constantly and smoke machines are not very efficient when on low output. I remember doing a lighting gig outside where the laser guy used 2 large Antari foggers firing over a huge fan, and they both emptied their tanks in about 3 hours!