Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LivePRO USB

it might look like im hijacking this thread, but im not ive had one question in mind for a long time now: is it possible to run few fb3 boards from one computer at the same time? i cant seem to find any info about that here or at pangolin.com... im about to buy one of those boards, but this question is keeping me back as i can see that im getting mad about lasers more and more and i will eventually want a 2 projector system

Quote Originally Posted by forsas_II View Post
    it might look like im hijacking this thread, but im not ive had one question in mind for a long time now: is it possible to run few fb3 boards from one computer at the same time? i cant seem to find any info about that here or at pangolin.com... im about to buy one of those boards, but this question is keeping me back as i can see that im getting mad about lasers more and more and i will eventually want a 2 projector system
    I believe so - Dave & Aijii (Lumina VP, LaserShowParts) have mentioned using multiple FB3's in their shows "down under".
    You might want to PM them, or better yet, start a new thread and see how many experienced folks repond to your post.
    I wouln't mind hearing a few details myself!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

you can run up to 6 fb3 boards on one computer

We have had 5 going at one time. Kinda lost interest tho, as the QMNETS are the better way to go for big shows
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I finally received my LivePRO license and at least got to do a few hours of playing around before the show. Now my laser is set up in the venue and I don't have access to it until tonight when the action begins, so I thought it'd be a good idea to give my first impressions of it.

It was a very painless first startup and I was impressed by the large workspace. There are lots of different animations and effects. The interface felt familiar as I have used LAStudio Showrider Live before, but there were many new controls as well. After about 30 minutes I was starting to feel dissappointed because I was missing pretty much all music sync options. Could the FB3 version really be that much dumbed down and could Bill really forget to mention such an important thing? Music sync was the very reason I decided to get LivePRO.

Turns out there was an option at first startup to use LivePRO in simplified mode that I had clicked yes on. As soon as I went out of simple mode I felt like home.

Some 2 hours later I was starting to get the hang of all the little music sync buttons, but I think it will take a long time to completely master them.

All in all, I completely agree this is THE live performance laser software out there. So far I think it's money well spent, even for a poor student like me.

Congrats on a well-made investment!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

quick question... i just got my fb3 and live pro but my live pro's workspace is empty... isn't there supposed to be a bunch of new cues there as well?
    -Josh

Yes, LivePRO is supposed to come with a fairly crowded workspace. Do you have a workspace file? If so, how big is it?

There are some other workspaces available on Pangolin's forums, but not as good as the one by Glenn Turner that comes with LivePRO. I can send it to you if you can't find it.

thanks. and for the winamp plug in.... how do you install it? all my winamp folder has is a .dll file

and there wasnt a workspace file in it except the live quick one.

if you could email it to me that would be awesome!

thesk8nmidget[at]yahoo[dot]com
    -Josh

anybody know how to create a new workspace page ? ...at the moment theres two IMAGE pages ,and there are crowded dont want to have delete anything ...just want to add a third or fourth workspace pages called images

Its prob really obvious but i cant seem to do it

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers