Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pristine SP 171 Kr / 270 PSU FS...

Default Pristine SP 171 Kr / 270 PSU FS...

Hey Kats -

Here's the 411 on a 'cherry' SP 171 Kr / 270 we are listing FS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330277189329

...I know PL is not exactly the best 'market' to list this, but hey, at least you get to see some cool 'big-gun' pix, right? And, maybe - just maybe - someone will know someone that'll know someone who'll know someone, that is just dying for a 171 Kr right now, so ya' never know...

Please don't hesitate to ask questions / details..

peace..
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Kats -

Here's the 411 on a 'cherry' SP 171 Kr / 270 we are listing FS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330277189329

...I know PL is not exactly the best 'market' to list this, but hey, at least you get to see some cool 'big-gun' pix, right? And, maybe - just maybe - someone will know someone that'll know someone who'll know someone, that is just dying for a 171 Kr right now, so ya' never know...

Please don't hesitate to ask questions / details..

peace..
    J
    Worlds Greatest Large Frame Laser IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Worlds Greatest Large Frame Laser IMHO
    ..oh, come-on, Pat - you're just saying that cause you got to pose IN THE COOLEST FLIPPING LASER PICTURE OF ALL-TIME!!!!
    ...and with - not one - but TWO - of those sexy-little bunnies!!!

...but yes, I agree - the 171 is truly a work of art...I especially love the 'impossible-not-to-look-at' beauty of the eyeball-roasting plasma-glow and the deft cascading of 6 gpms of water - @ 80 psi - over the 600V DC-generating passbank - we ion-laserists
    sure are some crazy MFrs, ain't we???

peace..
    j

that array of 166 TO-3 power transistors is pretty imressive too

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    that array of 166 TO-3 power transistors is pretty imressive too
    esepcially when i tell you I have seen 164 2N3055s used for that.

Steve

Cool ...even Lamborghinis get sick sometimes.. ;)

Hey Kats -

Just thought those of you in DPSS-land might 'njoy seeing another giant, insane high-voltage-mixed-with-running-water work-of-art - been fixing our West Coast Sabre in the NY shop this week (I know... it's a mess in here, packing / loading for shows comin' up...) - had a shorted emission-lamp-monitoring diode on the head card, and man it drove me crazy trying to find the culprit... but, in the end, found what ailed-her, and she's purring along again... - (second 'eleventh-hour-victory-repair' this week, woohoo!)

...and this shot is only 2 W of 16+ possible with this beast..

peace..
    J
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-12-2009 at 21:00.

HOLY COW!!!

ion lasers are absolutely gorgeous! i really wish i had started with the ion technology. i feel like i have missed out at learning a lot and kind of "putting my dues in" so to say.

i go to shows with my nice little 40 pound 3W yagermeister. computer, monitor and fogger...set up in 30 minutes (minus any problems) aim for about an hour and a half and BOOM....its show time.....

you guys....

HOLY CRAP....rent a u-haul, grease the crane up, grab 6 of your most in-shape, strongest friends pick up the 24 foot long plasma tube, which by the way is more fragile than glass in your grammas china cabinet...pick up the 200 pound power supply which has more power hooked to it than the space shuttle....

oy oy oy.....im getting a headache. now i know why you charge $5,000 for a BASIC show!!!!!

in your years of ion lasers...

1. have you ever seen a water cooling pipe leak through a power supply area? what the hell type of mushroom cloud would THAT make?? i couldnt even imagine!!!

i dont care how many times you hook these things up, thats gotta be VERY scarey working with that type of electricity!!!! professional or not, 1 show or 10,000 shows! 100 amps at what, 400V??? that is SCAREY POWER!!!!!

2. with ion lasers, does all of the moving around and shipping and travel really reak havoc on the tubes? do these constantly need re-alignments? lasers like these obviously were not designed to be put through the rigors that a show puts them through. are they fairly forgiving?? or are they REALLY that fragile?

you must REALLY enjoy the solid state stuff now huh?? i know there is still nothing like "ion lasers." but the convenience and versatility must really make life a little more pleasant right??

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Yeah, right. My back keeps repeating: "maximum of one show per month allowed".
    Well, here's my current 'mobile' setup Thanks God water comes local.
    The green on the left is my DIY Laserscope setup, so far 'just' 20W of 532nm.

Piotr.K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lodz_2008.jpg  

Lodz_2008_2.jpg  

Lodz_2008_3.jpg  

Hey Marc -

LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    in your years of ion lasers...

1. have you ever seen a water cooling pipe leak through a power supply area? what the hell type of mushroom cloud would THAT make?? i couldnt even imagine!!!
    Ha!...Seen a hose-clamp give out and commence SPRAYING the inside of a PSU @ ~60 psi... have NO idea how I made it over to it to shut it down in time without a 'mushroom cloud'... I am sure Steve (mixedgas) and others have many, many, many more horror / gut-busting stories...

i dont care how many times you hook these things up, thats gotta be VERY scarey working with that type of electricity!!!! professional or not, 1 show or 10,000 shows! 100 amps at what, 400V??? that is SCAREY POWER!!!!!
    It's 208-480V AC, and - much worse: 600V DC across the tube... that'll knock your shorts off!!!!! The key is RESPECT, not fear... it's fear / ignorance that kill....

2. with ion lasers, does all of the moving around and shipping and travel really reak havoc on the tubes? do these constantly need re-alignments? lasers like these obviously were not designed to be put through the rigors that a show puts them through. are they fairly forgiving?? or are they REALLY that fragile?
    That's why you SPEND THE MONEY to do this... (below) ...If you 'pack-hack, you'll reap crap'... But even so, if packed and handled / transpo'd properly / with reasonable care, it's usually not much more than a quick little 'tweek n' peak' at a gig...a couple quick MM-onezies and a little spank on the PCAOM, and you're blasing...

you must REALLY enjoy the solid state stuff now huh?? i know there is still nothing like "ion lasers." but the convenience and versatility must really make life a little more pleasant right??
    ...Yes, certainly, but until I can do this (machitas with fuschias and lemons and pinks and sages and chartreuses and periwinkles and salmons, etc, etc - not JUST RGBs...) with an RGB - even an R2GB2 - if you understand what I am trying to say, in saying that - I am content to get my excersize one truck-full at a time...

PS - nice pix, Piotr!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sabre_head.jpg  

Sabre_psu:he.jpg  

GX5W_Atmos_09.jpg  

Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-08-2008 at 14:07.

-Marc

A friend of mine did a show on NYE back in 98. Using a pair of 2011's. One of the hose couplers was a bit dodgy, but as an emergency "repair" suitable ammounts of gaffa tape were used to ensure there were no accidental disconnections. All was well until the big "count down" when a few of the DJ's mates rushed onto the stage. Unfortunately, one of them tripped over the hose and disconnected the water supply. Luckily the laser shut down automatically. Unfortunately the hose (still pumping a 2 gallons/minute wriggled around until it found the 3 phase distro box.

Apparantly, the crowd thought the ensuing explosion was part of the act, it wasnt until several minute later when the smoke cleared,they realised there was no music, no lights and no lasers.

The other laser and lighting were RCD protected and this tripped out quickly enough to save the equipment. The PA guys werent so lucky and 6 Crown MA5000 amps were toasted.

Valuable lessons were learnt by many that night. SInce hearing that, I always use RCD protection on my gear, a £40 investment can quite literally save a bill for thousands.