Thread: WTB - Low power blue / weird wavelength DPSS

Default WTB - Low power blue / weird wavelength DPSS

Hi -
    First time poster there, but long time reader! Thanks to you people who make this forum as good as it is!
    I'm after any low power (ie rather low price) blue dpss for my collection, lab or oem style, but no pointer. Analog would be better but TTL or even no modulation will be fine too. Don't hesitate to PM me! Even mw range units qualify, it's not for outdoor shows...
    I'm also after any "weird" color dpss (visible, 1064nm doesn't qualify here ), PM me... Just in case, I don't know of many people who have some...
    Thierry

well welcome aboard!!

have you checked out the 405nm wavelength? it does some pretty neat things.

its so close to the uv spectrum that it causes tons of things to fluoresce like a blacklight and can make glow in the dark things glow instantly!

its more violet than blue though
    -Josh

457nm is a pretty cool DPSS color... but you'll probably be hard pressed to find a used system.

If you want weird, take a look at 405nm, or Blu-ray laser diodes. They produce a near UV effect, like thesk8n .... Said. Its also very cheap to build.

Hi there!
    Thanks for your tips!
    Indeed the BR 405nm is pretty neat! I built one before it became so common, when I saw on usenet it could be hacked from a ps3... When I see how much it cost now Being not very good at electronics I fried 2 diodes before I succeeded to build a reliable system...
    And yes I would love to get a 457nm dpss too!! I'm lucky enough to have a working helium cadmium laser (gas, Liconix), that's 442nm laser light, very deep blue. That's only about 14mw but what a lovely color... I can post pics there if some of you want to see it!

Smile

Hello DSX; welcome to PhotonLexicon.

Re: your HeCd laser... Of course we'd like to see pictures! (We like pictures!!!)

Check out the gallery section. You should be able to create an account for yourself (click the 'register' link), and then you can upload your pics there.

Adam

Default tunable Argon

Hi Thierry,
    Well it is not DPSS but what about a tunable Argon Ion laser? I have this like new super cute little Spectra Physics 162A with a tube so good it would pass the test for new at SP. This laser is tunable to all the major Argon lines 458 nm-514.5 nm. Condition is like new. It is listed at Laser Resale for $1,500 but for anyone here I would sell it for $1K plus shipping. Not one serious scratch on the supply either...mint, mint mint! Phil 142laser
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)