Thread: Public Liability Insurance

Default Public Liability Insurance

Hi everyone!

What company do you use for PLI in the UK?
    I think I will need to get into this soon, but can not find anything...well..I haven't done much research yet, but if anyone knows it would certainly help.

Cheers.

BTW
    I went out with my laser the other eve when was pissing outside like crazy (Saturday night) and did some laser-lighting above South Downs...UUU...madness, complete madness. Beams like from 50W laser in that kind of rain. Unfortunatelly was so bloody wet, that I could not risk to even pull the camera out of case, so no picts this time .

Martin

Try here...

http://www.djguard.co.uk/

They cover laser shows within their standard policy

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default dj gaurd

This is who we have ours with and its very very good. cover up to £5000000 and not too bad on the price. pli is a must though with djing. i took my full lighting show out one night and i was setting it all up on a maplin lighting stand. the thing had not been supplied with a metal reinforcing bar in the middle and it all collapsed with all the lights on it. luckily it was before anyone got there but after that we got pli just in case. i also reinforced the bar.
    thanks oli

Another musicguard user here as well. you can do it all online as well.

Thumbs up

All right guys, Thanks.

Now I need to find what this means exactly: Please only proceed if you are a resident of and permanently reside in the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.

This might be problem. Does this mean I have to have UK passport? Or is it ok if I am EU member living in the UK for last 6 years or so? (Paying TAX of course )

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    All right guys, Thanks.

Now I need to find what this means exactly: Please only proceed if you are a resident of and permanently reside in the UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.

This might be problem. Does this mean I have to have UK passport? Or is it ok if I am EU member living in the UK for last 6 years or so? (Paying TAX of course )
    Hi Martin

I guess it means do you have *official* and permanent UK residency (do you hold a UK passport?). Probably the best thing to do is to drop them an email and ask the question.

One of the problems with *any* insurance company is that they'll accept your money for the cover without question, but they will almost certainly not pay out on a claim unless absolutely everything is correct (it's down to you to ensure absolute compliance with their terms and conditions), it's therefore not worth taking the risk.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jeremy

( thanks for the livepro help ) where does it say that it covers use of Lasers or is that under public liability ... i checked the policy ... but cant find any mention ... but im guessing that as the polocy does not have an exclusion for lasers that it covers them

also noticed that if you insure more than £15,000 worth of gear .... a whole new set of security requirements have to be made ... type of car alarm fited, and types of door / window locks at venue ... which will certainly be a stumbling block on a claim ...

so it defo seems best to keep the quote for less tha £15k

but on the whole it looks a good deal ... the most important one being public liabilty

all the best ... Karl