Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Drives Your Baby & Why?

Default What Drives Your Baby & Why?

Well I'm about to buy some kind of software & hardware controller setup for my laser and I see that there is alot to choose from, So I ask everyone on the PL to list your favorite setup, cost & why!! Thanks

Sound card DAC, because its cheap and I cant afford anything else right now. Works perfectly for my needs .

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I suspect that I'll be the first of many to say Pangolin LD2000 cus it's "Da Bomb".

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I suspect that I'll be the first of many to say Pangolin LD2000 cus it's "Da Bomb".
    I'll second that

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Can i be the 3rd

karl

4th that

Bah stop making me jealous

Cool

Pangolin LD-2000. I've used 4 other controllers, and they all pale in comparison. There are so many cool features with Pangolin that just blow you away, once you try it you can't believe you lived without it for so long.

The 100 + included shows, the Winamp laser visualizer plug-in, Laser Asteroids, all the extra content, the awesome abstract generator, SMS text-to-laser, rock-solid stable output, etc, etc... It's the cat's meow, hands down.

Consider this: One of our members (300Evil) only had enough cash to buy either an LD-2000 intro system *or* a blue laser to give him RGB color. He decided to get the LD-2000 and live with an RYG system for now. And he's happy he made the decision! (If you look at the SELEM 2008 video, you can see his projector running the shows with the rest of the RGB rigs, and at first it's hard to notice the lack of blue in his projector!)

Adam

Another recommendation for the LD2000 suite!!

In lieu of that - a good 2nd choice would be the Pangolin FB3

http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

with the FREE LAStudio suite.

http://www.pangolin.com/LA_Studio/Showrider.htm

Add LivePRO USB if you want to get really deep into the live performance aspect! (costs less than the version for the QM2000, but still has most of the same features)

http://www.pangolin.com/LivePRO.htm

About a year later, upgrade to a LD2000/QM2000 system, then use the FB3 for a second projector. Once Pangolin "Beyond" is ready to go, you should have options to run both with the same software package!!

Has anyone mentioned this hobby can get expensive?

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Easylase, why? it runs Laseroids!!!