Thread: Any Spectra Laser Experts out there? Pics of my cavity

Lightbulb Any Spectra Laser Experts out there? Pics of my cavity

I am seeking someone that might have advice info specifications ability to realign etc on what I have been told is a Spectra Millenia Laser Cavity. A call to Newport Subdivision Spectra Physics (are they one and same as spectra laser) was addressed by them disowning this cavity. I have seen it's YVO4 bridge in way too many pictures of the Spectra Millenia.

The cavity is very basic as far as high power laser cavities using YVO4 go. There is a 4x4x7mm AR coated crystal mounted in a Aluminum Bridge that is gold anodized in color.I have seen this rectangular bridge and several round ones in picture's of Spectra Millenia laser cavities. The cavity is a 4"X9"X3" aluminum box. It has two 1/8" water lines for a cold water loop to the YVO4 mount block. On each end there is a Fc connectorised fiber delivery lens such as are used with optopower corp aka SL 20-35 watt fiber lasers both dust caps were in place, I do not have the original pump lasers or thier specifications.
    Inside the cavity are two 3 axis mounted cavity mirrors. It would appear that 1064nm is produced at about a 30-45 degree offset to the face to face dual delivery collimating lenses, these are both offset slightly from center on either side of the YVO4 crystal.

The exit lens seems to not focus or collimate but is simply a glass filter element with a pinkish/red tint I assume a 808nm filter.

You can see what seems to be the 1064nm outlet in the lower left in the cavity, the black hoses are chilled water on right you can see the protective dust cap on the fc connectorised fiber delivery lens, one of two the other on opposite side is directly facing and slightly offset a mm or 2.

I can be reached at 512-288-0245 or 512-696-7044 or would love to chat to anyone with knowledge about this item, I know that at least a few PL members were LONG LONG time ex-employees of SL.Whether they have humility to talk to me about this is another thing! I am hopefull! I am in process of aquiring two 20 watt FC pump lasers.

In case you might ask what in creation would I want all that 1064nm for well I am interested in a source for a very nice looking apparently never used Continuum Laser T-2 20mm Second Harmonic Generator. It's a little 2x2x4" inch sealed box with a heater, regulator, entrance and exit lens, and what I firmly believe to be a hermetically sealed 20mm long by 13.5mm square face Lithium Triborate Crystal.

It is my long term goal to have enough power to pump a rhodamine dye jet laser.

Follow Up: I still have not positively ID this cavity but I did find the spectra laser T 40 power supply with dual pump lasers at SAM' Laser FAQ's I located another 1064nm cavity that is a water cooled dual qswitched model and I have found one of these I can hopefully with a power supply I can hopefully salvage.
    Last edited by frank_1257; 10-14-2008 at 01:03.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.