Thread: scanner blanking questions

Default scanner blanking questions

I intend on adding scanner blanking to a argon we are pulling out of mothballs for a show at the start of next month.. I have been toying with just using a shutter and not even bothering with blanking, but without blanking we dont have the option to audience scan, which would be nice..

This all makes complete sence, but im wondering if I can get away with a slower scanner for the blanking scanner. I have 30k scanners for the X-Y, and I have a spare set of 20k's that I wouldnt mind using for the B scanner.. Will 20k be fast enough, or should I go for another 30k scanner...

It seems in the age of the DPSS, not much of this older stuff gets touched upon on this board..

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

G120's were commonly used for blanking. With most drive boards, they rarely went much above 20-25K. I suspect a new 20K scanner will be fine. Especially if you have one to hand.

we use to use 124s about 8 to 10 k

Dave, if this is just going to be for beams, the optical leverage blanking with a 20K scanner will be more than fast enough, I suspect. It really depends on what you'll be doing, graphics? If it is just beams, it will be plenty fast. I usually like to slow down the scan rate and increase the image size for beams anyway. And with pangolin, it is very easy to adjust lead/lag time for it. Also, the 20K scanner is only going to have to move a degree or less to blank the beam.