Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Finished USB Soundcard DAC

safety and stability is expensive...
    User interface in important.... thats why Pangolin.

Hobby is ok....
    I did make my hobby honda go 0-200Kmh in 18Sec but it is never going to be a safe audi RS4 or a BWM M3...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

Hobby is ok....
    I did make my hobby honda go 0-200Kmh in 18Sec but it is never going to be a safe audi RS4 or a BWM M3...
    BLEH!!!! what a buzz killer.... Could you let the hobbyists have a moment in the sun without being so oppressive. How Microsoft of you....

oppressive????? wuahahaha there mustbe something in the water overthere...

I have all the sunshine for you (even in a bag if you want)
    But sometime the truth hurts

I've heard the "safety and stability" argument many times before. It just doesn't hold up.

LaserBoy is math. And it is open for all the world to see. It is a method. It is a translational matrix. It allows one to work with a variety of known file formats. It is software. It has NOTHING to do with "safety and stability". That is purely an issue of hardware. It just so happens that a device can be made from a sound card that will work. There is nothing that would stop anyone from building onto this concept and adding all the safety features they could think of!

Another nice thing about the open source nature of LaserBoy is that it gets it out there in a way that might inspire other people to learn it and add to it. This is the difference to the "other" model, where we have a monopoly in the market and everyone just sits and waits YEARS for new development.

YES. The LaserBoy user interface seem very awkward. It is different than just about any other kind of application that anyone might use these days. BUT, that just might inspire the user to look at this art form in a totally fresh way. Once a person spends some time learning LaserBoy, hopefully that person would realize that there is little to gain from using a mouse. The fact that LaserBoy only knows how to read an area of the hard drive that is inside of its own directory seems a bit limiting, but it makes a good scenario for putting the LaserBoy folder on a nice, fast USB 2.0 or FireWire external drive!

LaserBoy will always be a work in progress. It has already provided a number of techniques and capabilities that can not be found in any other software package. In that regard, it is WAY AHEAD of other software offerings.

The use of the wave file format WILL eventually dominate the field of laser display. Proprietary ideas and devices WILL fall by the wayside.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post

I've heard the "safety and stability" argument many times before. It just doesn't hold up.

LaserBoy is math. And it is open for all the world to see. It is a method. It is a translational matrix. It allows one to work with a variety of known file formats. It is software. It has NOTHING to do with "safety and stability". That is purely an issue of hardware. It just so happens that a device can be made from a sound card that will work. There is nothing that would stop anyone from building onto this concept and adding all the safety features they could think of!

Another nice thing about the open source nature of LaserBoy is that it gets it out there in a way that might inspire other people to learn it and add to it. This is the difference to the "other" model, where we have a monopoly in the market and everyone just sits and waits YEARS for new development.

YES. The LaserBoy user interface seem very awkward. It is different than just about any other kind of application that anyone might use these days. BUT, that just might inspire the user to look at this art form in a totally fresh way. Once a person spends some time learning LaserBoy, hopefully that person would realize that there is little to gain from using a mouse. The fact that LaserBoy only knows how to read an area of the hard drive that is inside of its own directory seems a bit limiting, but it makes a good scenario for putting the LaserBoy folder on a nice, fast USB 2.0 or FireWire external drive!

LaserBoy will always be a work in progress. It has already provided a number of techniques and capabilities that can not be found in any other software package. In that regard, it is WAY AHEAD of other software offerings.

The use of the wave file format WILL eventually dominate the field of laser display. Proprietary ideas and devices WILL fall by the wayside.

James.
    James, your again giving yourself to much creadits by thinking i was reffering to the "buttyboy" software...
    Did you know you said LASERBOY about 7 times in your post?
    It isn't always about laserboy or james.... you should know this by now... but keep padding yourself on the back, my friend.

I was referring to the USB soundcard "DAC" it's a nice project for hobbyists and verry affordable.
    The safety and satabillity arguments Do keep up.
    Lets unplug the USB cable while projecting.. or lets crash the system (Microshit bluescreen).
    The output wil not be controlled (static beam???)

Some of the "OTHER" monopoly company's products kill the output... or keep projecting the show in a safe manner...
    And i am not talkin PANGO only here.

It's a hobbyist project, and a soundcard DAC could/should be fun.. but its nothing more than that...and thats fine.

Just like i said.... i had a fast hobbyist "turboed" honda capable of "killing" some of the bigmoney fastcars... it was fast... but never as safe/reliable as the big money cars with their years of development ans safety regulations.

I had fun with the car.....thats ok... but i can't say i was better than those "other" cars.... stay real james.

Talking

LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy ..............

Anyway, Anthony,

The LaserBoy Correction Amp was developed specifically as a part of the LaserBoy system. It is a proof-of-concept piece. If you think I write too much about me or my work with LaserBoy, consider the fact that the LaserBoy Correction Amp was designed by Dean and me in early 2005 and made into a kit by me and drlava. The one you see pictured in this thread is one that I built with my own hands. There are several other sound card DACs out there that I also built.

Where is your complete laser display system solution?

LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy ..............

James.

PS. LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy LaserBoy ..............

laserguy216,

I sorry for hiijacking this tread.
    You did a fine job with the box!!!

James.... you a completely right and are the best... no one is better than you.
    wuahahahaahahaaha sad sad sad narcistic little misunderstanded boy....poehoeeeee.
    It's okay...bye bye your on ignore now :-)

when are you going to create lasergirl?

what would it be capable of?

this should be the next project like an add on to laserboy

and then after that laserkid
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    when are you going to create lasergirl?
    Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post

what would it be capable of?

this should be the next project like an add on to laserboy

and then after that laserkid
    No way!

LaserBoy IS a kid that will never grow up!

He's also as gay as a freshly bloomed daisy!

OMG! Can't you tell?

So there is no LaserGirl!

Get over it!

LaserBoy! Love him or leave him!

James.

Hey hey, Spaghetti is good too