Thread: Laser recommendations for an RGY system?

Default Laser recommendations for an RGY system?

Thinking of putting an RGY system together and wondered what everyones personal recommendation for lasers is. I think of something around 500-600mW for green and around 400-500mW for red. I want to keep the green high just to operate the laser in green at that level. I know that for colour balance I'll turn the power down to the green.

My problem is what are the lasers with best beam quality, blanking etc and then price too?
    I'm probably going to go with Moncha s/w and 30K scanners.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazfg View Post
    Thinking of putting an RGY system together and wondered what everyones personal recommendation for lasers is. I think of something around 500-600mW for green and around 400-500mW for red. I want to keep the green high just to operate the laser in green at that level. I know that for colour balance I'll turn the power down to the green.

My problem is what are the lasers with best beam quality, blanking etc and then price too?
    I'm probably going to go with Moncha s/w and 30K scanners.

Thanks
    Green laser .... laserwave would be the way to go.
    Red laser... Opencan 2 laser setup combining with a cube or a laserwave red diode (but the spec's aren't that great on the red's)