Thread: Party Lighting Companies?

Default Party Lighting Companies?

How exactly do these party lighting companies work? I am tempted to open one of my own in the near future but I am not sure how exactly they work... Obviously people will have to take the equipment to the clients venue and set it up but what happens then?

Is the equipment left with them? In which case would you need some kind of insurance on it in case it gets damaged while you are away. Or do you stay there? Or what if you need to manually control lasers or something?
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

Hi.

I think it depends little bit on what kind of equipment are you going to use.
    I doubt I would ever rent out 5W projector to the club and let them to use it without well trained laser operator.

If you renting out 50mW toy which runs to the music and you can assure that it is safe to use it without your supervision, than that's fine I guess.

However, proper show can be made by proper laserist only anyway, so all those automated auto-shows puts down our reputation little bit...don't you think? ...and than people forget what actually IS the good Laser Show!

I wish you Good Luck!

I think he means more a DJ kind of business, not just lasers.

It really depends on what you want to do. You can hang out, run all your gear etc, or if you dont have the sound equip, you could maybe get the clients sign some contract saying that if anything gets damaged, its their responsibility to cover the replacement funds etc