Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No use in designing reds anymore?

Default No use in designing reds anymore?

I've just seen that you can get a 150 mw 635 CNI with analog modulation for about 350 usd. That's just a little over what I paid for a bare diode a few months back. Adding to that, there's the new 642nm diode out there for cheaper and with great specs for making a nice tight beam with cheap optics..Where's the challenge in that? .. damn..
    hehe.. rhetorical questions.. I'm really glad things are improving on the high-viz red front-lines . Did the 642 diode group buy go thru? Any pics yet?

The GB was called off because some people pulled out now what will i do ???

Aww, man..sorry to hear that. Those looked like sweet diodes. If I wasnt 'in-between' jobs (laidoff 'cause of our sucky economy) and I dumped $1500.00 on 5 mitsu 636/ 150 mw diodes (and bought a LaserWave bluey) (which I love, but might have to sell to make ends meet) I'd be jumping right in on that GB. Oh well...there's always a next time .. .. Right? What was the divergence on those lil 642s, something like 9 x 17 degrees or something awesome like that? If only..... ahhh well... <sigh>..
    I guess we all have to smile through the pain... I was really hoping to see that UFO today. Well, 2 more days left, maybe it'll show

I'll order 2 individually
    It's allmost setteled. Looks like I will have them cheaper than the GB, so thumbs up

im very interested in this as well.. what is the ballpark for the diodes?

the waaah? I'm usually quite good at english, but I can't seem to figure out what you mean by ballpark

Btw steve-o, if you think the 100mW 635 is cheap, you can get a 1W 650 for 450$ from CNI !!

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    the waaah? I'm usually quite good at english, but I can't seem to figure out what you mean by ballpark

Btw steve-o, if you think the 100mW 635 is cheap, you can get a 1W 650 for 450$ from CNI !!
    what are the beam characteristics of these diodes???

ps, read `the ballpark' as `the approximate price' in this context.

The beam specs are horrible on the CNI ones, 5x8mm beam at aperture with 3mrad divergence
    The diodes including VAT would be 142.8 euro a piece

1WATT $450?? Me wants 1 On the other hand, with TEC I bet you could cool the 642 diode down to the mid-upper 630nm range (hopefully without fracturing or damaging the cavity.) That'd be cool

Default 1w 650nm

who is selling 1watt cni 650nm / is that direct form cni
    please let me know
    thanks