Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A different way to make shows: Improvements in 3D rendering

Hi Dr. LAVA,

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Bill, what can I say but 'cool'! It is unique for a company like yours to listen to a non-customer individual
    No single person or company can do everything perfectly, and it is good to have the input from someone outside the organization, to provide a fresh perspective.

People (whether they are users or not) sometimes point out confusing elements within our products or policies and we try to make changes to improve the situation. In the end, it only helps everyone, so, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    and also in the success and quality of the ildaswap site, and in growing the base of laser-interested people in general, which should help us all <-:
    Thanks for the note. I am interested in the success of the ILDA SWAP site as well.

I have been strugling to find time to create a web page where people can download Pangolin shows, but it just hasn't happened. In the mean time, with my permission, Buffo has uploaded a few Pangolin shows to that site. It could be that this ILDA SWAP site works out well for Pangolin shows as well was ILDA shows too...

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 10-18-2008 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    ... I have seen people simply assume that they were the first and make a blatent and non-qualified statements to the point, and then, when they were proven wrong, make a zillion posts to defend why they were actually right all along.

Bill
    Bill, what you do and what I do might as well be in two completely different universes.

You have a company that makes proprietary hardware and software that costs a lot of money. You have paid employees.

I have developed a system that uses readily available, common, generic hardware and free, open source, software and new ideas for data exchange.

As far as I am concerned, ANYTHING I do within my own software realm is a first for the whole world.

You have never proved me wrong about anything. You might have a different story to tell, but the technology behind the story is all that really matters. You've never gone fact for fact with me about anything that is directly related to pure computer science. You just keep changing the subject.

James.

James,

As the great Ronald Reagan said "well there you go again".

How does that Carly Simon song go? Oh yea, "You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you..."

James, why do you think everything must be about you?

You know, it's funny. Obviously I matter more to you than you do to me !

Bill

Smile

OMG! Is he *still* ranting about the Format 3 BS? Sheesh! (Now you know why I've got him in my Ignore file...)

As for the new Pangolin shows - yeah, I started another thread yesterday and posted the details. The shows are on both FTP servers, and several people have already D/Led them. The feedback to date has been very positive!

Thanks again for making these shows available to us, Bill! I'm sure it was expensive, but there will be a lot of happy Pangolin users watching those shows! (I think I've watched "Rhythm is a Dancer" at least 20 times so far!)

Did you notice that the eyes of the talking head are abstracts? (Along with the flashing lights on the dance floor?) And that the glass lenses in the stage lights near the end are actually raster objects? How cool is that? (And to think the artist that created the show didn't even have a projector to watch it on while he was making the show! That's talent!)

Adam

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    James,

As the great Ronald Reagan said "well there you go again".

How does that Carly Simon song go? Oh yea, "You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you..."

James, why do you think everything must be about you?

You know, it's funny. Obviously I matter more to you than you do to me !

Bill
    There you go launching derogatory remarks toward me again...

I don't care about you at all. I do care about the fact that you think you need to control every aspect of the art of laser display.

There is no use in me trying to convince you of anything you already know.

I need to continue my efforts to help new laserists all over the world discover that there is a way to do this that won't break your bank or turn you into a total Pango-Suck-Up. There is a lot of room for other people to be innovative.

James.

sniff, sniff. Smell that? I think I smell a clue-by-four coming...

Hopefully, all of the most intelligent and talented people on this blog have already ignored my id.

James.

Is that a round about way of saying I lack intelligence?!

No. That's just another one of my many misunderstood attempts at sarcastic humor.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    No. That's just another one of my many misunderstood attempts at sarcastic humor.

James.