Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Loaded Beams

Default Pre Loaded Beams

Hi all
    I have pre loaded beam effects loaded on my laser machine It comes on when no lap top is connected.
    Is there any way I can Chage the Beams to pictures or is it some kind of pre factory test or somthing>
    Any ideas???

You probably have the same DMX / ILDA controller that everyone else has that came with the scanners. That's a ROM chip. I don't think you can change it. You might be able to replace it with some other set of pre-defined graphics.

James.

If you have a programming board, and the source code for the chips, you _may_ be able to modify it. I have been thinking the same thing, but not sure hows it works.

Talking BUGGER

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    You probably have the same DMX / ILDA controller that everyone else has that came with the scanners. That's a ROM chip. I don't think you can change it. You might be able to replace it with some other set of pre-defined graphics.

James.
    Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    If you have a programming board, and the source code for the chips, you _may_ be able to modify it. I have been thinking the same thing, but not sure hows it works.

I was hoping for an easy solution lolol

After a little researching, it appears this will actually be quite easy to do. I am thinking about doing a little reverse engineering along with Dave to try figure this thing out. It seems its just a simple CMOS flash chip ....

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    After a little researching, it appears this will actually be quite easy to do. I am thinking about doing a little reverse engineering along with Dave to try figure this thing out. It seems its just a simple CMOS flash chip ....

Can Images be placed on a CMOS flash chip and how large????

Apparently there is a program that converts ILDA files into a special format for the chip. I'll update as I go along ....

They are probably nothing more that tables of points so I think you are right it should be 'easy' to do for some folks. Good luck, consider releasing an app that is able to load ilda files into the ROM binary file, and then another app that came with the ROM programmer can re-flash the ROM.

Maybe there is even a way to re-flash the ROM in-circuit?

i have a few of these if it would help i can send you one to hack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LP10K_ch12S_SC_manual.pdf  

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    i have a few of these if it would help i can send you one to hack
    what microprocessor is it? It may have a bootloader, if that is the case, it may not have the security bits set and it would not be hard to pull the code out and hack it. THe frame data files would be obvious.

Steve Roberts.