Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ILDA / remote kill switch cable length recommendations...?

Good idea - thanks, Marc!!

Randy

PS -

Don't hate us, but gotta' ask -

You Pango'd yet?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I knew I had a picture somewhere.

You just need two of these, a couple of RJ45 straight couplers, a couple of RJ45 plugs and a male and female XLR plug and some wire.

You can then run your Estop circuit down your single CAT 5 cable to your QM2000.Net box which is situated near your projector.

Jem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cat 5 Splitter.jpg  

Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey, Jem!

Is that some sort of "breakout" box that separates the pairs, or a 2-way splitter that shares all the pairs equally between the two inputs?

Looks interesting......
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Hey, Jem!

Is that some sort of "breakout" box that separates the pairs, or a 2-way splitter that shares all the pairs equally between the two inputs?

Looks interesting......
    Well, it *should* be a breakout box that separates the two pairs. That's what you require and that's what I am using. Once you have it all built up you can easily switch to different lengths of Cat 5 cable according to venue.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

PS -

Don't hate us, but gotta' ask -

You Pango'd yet?
    DAMN YOU RANDY!!! NO, I HAVENT "PANGOED YET!!! LOL....

soon though. im waiting for bill to get back from china. and couple other small expenses. but VERY VERY soon!!!

heres the pic of my E-stop. (not that you needed a pic, but whatever...we like pics here!)

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YSD_08 155.jpg  

YSD_08 156.jpg  

YSD_08 158.jpg  

http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

Dudes,
    I'm looking at buying a longer ILDA Cable to connect my projector and PC as I currently only have a 3 metre jobby.
    A search for ILDA Cable lead me to this thread but it appears more biased to the use of stop switches.

Are you guys saying that it would be possible to use standard CAT5 cable with a couple of converters at each end to connect PC (QM2000) to Projector or is a dedicated cable required (and if so, do you know a good source for different lengths).

Smile

What you want is a parallel extension cable. Be sure to specify that you need DB-25 connectors on both ends. (M/F)

Here is a link to a 25 foot cable for just $7. They also have longer lengths. Don't know how much shipping to the UK will add to the price though...

I've had no problems with cables up to 50 feet long.

Adam

Hi Richard

When im not using my 20Km drum of cable i have been using ( for smaller venues ) printer extention cables .... i have 2 x 25m cables so i can use 1 or 2 depending on the venue size

i found a 15m one here on ebay at a good price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-15m-Parall...742.m153.l1262

all the best ... Karl

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cheers Adam.
    I suspected it might be a case of knowing what exactly to ask for.

Nice one Karl. That'll ding dang do for me.
    Last edited by soforene; 11-18-2008 at 04:35. Reason: More bum licky thanks for Mr Banthai

Smile

Yeah... If you ask for an "ILDA cable", most cable suppliers will say "HUH?"

You can also find good deals if you specify a 25-pin serial cable. Serial normally only uses 9 pins, but in the good old days of computing it was common to find serial cables that had all 25 pins connected. It's risky though - you need to be sure that the cable has 25 conductors. With a parallel cable you know you're all set.

The E-bay link that Karl posted is a pretty good deal - especially since he's more or less local to you. I have a feeling that the shipping is going to be the killer if you order from a supplier here in the US...

Adam