Thread: Phoenix Live Software - issues and suggestions

Default Phoenix Live Software - issues and suggestions

Hi peeps

i posted this on laserfreaks forum but thought it might be good here for discussion with other members who may have bought this software...

So i just want to go over some of the issues i have had with Phoenix Live and i have some ideas for improvements to make it more user friendly!

first off is SMS to laser -

i have worked out how to get the menu (its not well explained in the manual) and i have ctried to connect my phones thru bluetooth and usb - the phones can be indentified but when it comes to reading messages nothing comes up even when changing all the settings ie sim/phone memory etc

second is saving and loading custom ILDA files -

I have been very frustrated by the systems stability and has crashed a few times whilst in the middle of a gig the real pain is that when i make new custom ild files and turn them into new shows when loading them back up it never finds them and all is lost - everything has to be done again this is really bugging me, what am i doing wrong here?

thirdly -

can we get some tooltips included? some of the buttons are not well described in the manual and on the edit page especially is needed ie the button under the stop (square one 4th down)

forth issue is with Pic Edit -

I want to be able to use pic edit with my laser - it does not seem to respond tho and i have to always flip between making ilda frames and then viewing on my laser in Live

will have a few more suggestions soon but i think these will keep u busy, jope u can help with my questions and problems too

EDIT - another issue is when changing catalog files... the 'set picture' stays the same as the last one but when hover changes to the new one

the LIVE software is obviously far from finished and has a lot of bugs

Review of the software will be done after i do a few more shows
    http://inselaffe.org

http://www.myspace.com/majorleeblunt

An Eye for a Eye only makes the World Blind - Ghandi

Laserworld 750mW Proline RGB
    Laserworld Quad 400mW RG
    Lanta 180mW RGY

Also a bit worried about the system's stability, crashed on me too.

Shoulda bought a Pangolin....

i just this week picked up 3 full pro+ phoenix3 systems and it seem totally stable so far

what has caused the crash bad file or is it just random

It only crashed once randomly while I was switching between pictures on the live view.