Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scanpro20 DOA? Setup help?

Unhappy Scanpro20 DOA? Setup help?

Hi, all. I bought a Scanpro20 set from Lasershow parts. After setting it up according to the provided instructions, I find that it appears to be dead. When I apply power, both LEDs on the scanner amps light, and the power LED on the program board does as well. However, the LED on the dip switch panel only flickers momentarily and then stays off. One scanner mirror moves about 10 degrees when that happens and then... nothing. No matter what combination of dip switch settings I try, the thing will not self test, nor will it respond to the provided microphone.

I have sent photos of the set to David at Lasershow parts. He looked at them and requested that I send the unit back. I am not at all happy about having to pay $70 shipping twice for the privilege of transporting a defective device, but that appears to be my only option as Lasershow parts has stopped responding to my e-mails after sending me RMA information.

Before I give up and box everything up, I'm hoping someone here might have some suggestion about how to test and see if the scanner amps and mirrors are working. I don't need the program board because I am just using the amps/mirrors to build my laser harp. Any ideas?

Have you tried using them with a conventional DAC, instead of the DMX controller?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Have you tried using them with a conventional DAC, instead of the DMX controller?
    Hi and thanks for your reply. I only have what came with the kit, as this is my first foray into using scanners - basically just for the laser harp project.

Here are some pics of how I have things set up:

Quote Originally Posted by Squonk View Post
    Lasershow parts has stopped responding to my e-mails after sending me RMA information
    Bill,

I explained we do not cross ship under any circumstances. I am still waiting on you to fill out the RMA form??
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Bill,

I explained we do not cross ship under any circumstances. I am still waiting on you to fill out the RMA form??
    David, I filled out the RMA a week or more ago and e-mailed it. I will continue this conversation with you privately, as I don't think it is appropriate for the general forum.

Bill

Hey -- I got my Scanpro20 hooked up tonight. My wiring looks just like yours for all the color codes. In test mode, its drawing stuff all over the wall -- upside down and backwards but it worked right out of the box.

I checked my 15 volt supply first and it measured +/- 14.9 volts. Looked OK to me. Hope you get yours working --- it's nuts to watch. Next, connect the TTL drivers.

Mike

Mine didnt drive at first either. I turned SW1 to off and away it went in test.
    Are all your LEDs light up?
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 10-13-2008 at 18:53. Reason: Idea

the little LED on the dip switches does flash on power up, but its trange its not working. Do the green AND red lights on the scanner amps light up? There is also a LED on the program board and PSU. Make sure ALL the dipswitches are set to OFF.

Dear Hemlock, there are two jumpers side by side pull up and turn 90 degrees and reinstall and image will invert for that scanner do on both
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    the little LED on the dip switches does flash on power up, but its trange its not working. Do the green AND red lights on the scanner amps light up? There is also a LED on the program board and PSU. Make sure ALL the dipswitches are set to OFF.

Yes, I have red and green LEDs lit on both amps and a red LED on the program board. With all dip switches off, when power is first applied, one mirror twitches once (auto centering?) and the other does nothing.