Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That 4th laser's a B%^&h...

Talking

Thanks Steve! All on bread board also...

I have removed the 635 and am trying to use a few optics to try and tame the beam, but I am just shooting in the dark without knowledge of the ammo I am using. And not doing to well. It seems the beam on this 635 has gotten worse since I bought it. Is that possible. It seems to be making a bigger spot on the wall.

Aaron,
    What kind of a 635 is it?

Lightbulb

250mW CNI with a NASTY beam... I am masking about half of it I think just so nothing overshoots the galvo mirrors.

Hmm, maybe Mike and Adam's venture with the 635s will work out better than you-know-who's and mine . I'm still working on the 636 diodes tho. It seems like there would be an optical engineer somewhere that could figure out a way to condense a big beam into a small one.. at the expense of divergence, of course, and put the small beam into the scanners and then re-enlarge (beam expander) the beam for a better long range collimation, without affecting the other (B/G) beams.. (it'd have to be a biggg linear output lens .
    BTW- what mirror size is the most common for high speed scanners that everybody is using these days? What would be the max beam diameter without spilling over the galvo mirrors? 3-4mm? Or less?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=steve-o;65335]Hmm, maybe Mike and Adam's venture with the 635s will work out better than you-know-who's and mine . I'm still working on the 636 diodes tho. It seems like there would be an optical engineer somewhere that could figure out a way to condense a big beam into a small one.. at the expense of divergence, of course, and put the small beam into the scanners and then re-enlarge (beam expander) the beam for a better long range collimation, without affecting the other (B/G) beams.. (it'd have to be a biggg linear output lens .

spektronika make one for cvl, but its not cheap and beam is still Phatt.
    google spektronika copper vapor.