Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pangolin shows on the FTP server

Thumbs up New Pangolin shows on the FTP server

Hey guys...

Just an update: Pangolin secured the rights to three of the winning laser shows for this year's Pangolin Laser Show contest. Those three shows are now available on the PL FTP servers. (Both the one that cruch runs *and* the one that Spec runs. Take your pick.)

The file you want is called "ShowsForDistr.zip" It's a *huge* file - 80 megs! But the shows are worth it, trust me! On Cruch's server, it's in the completed shows folder, under "Sows for Pangolin".

There are two graphics shows. One is set to "Rhythm is a Dancer", by Snap. The other is set to "We Are the Champions", by Queen. The third show is a beamshow called "Standing in Motion."

All of these shows will work with any LD-2000 system. (Intro, Basic, or Pro) So go grab them now, and post back here with your comments. (Personally, I *love* the "Rhythm is a Dancer" show! It's my new favorite!)

Note: Bill wanted to host these shows on the new Pangolin laser show swap page that he's been talking about, but he hasn't finished all the work on the website yet. (Lots of other things going on!) So he sent these shows out to a few people, with the understanding that it was OK to post them so other Pangolin users could D/L them. I uploaded them to both FTP servers before posting here, so they're available right now.

Adam

No QM32 compatibility again ? ...

Piotr.K

These new shows are absolutely awsome!

The 'Standing In Motion' beamshow is just soooooooo beautiful, such gorgeous colour blends and precise timings - FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! For anyone wondering just how many lovely colours you can get out of your laser projector, you should watch this show

The 'Rythm Is a Dancer' graphic show is quite amazing. I'm not quite as turned on by graphics, but this show has some brilliant effects. The illuminated dancefloor, the twinkly stars, the eyes on 'the Face', the actual dancers... Truly inspiring

The 'We Are The Champions' show is technically superb, but I have to say I like this least of all the shows. Still a fabulous show nevertheless

Just another three good reasons to upgrade to a QM2000 system

Thanks Bill for obtaining (and paying ) for these shows for us, and thanks Adam for putting them on the server ahead of schedule so we can enjoy them

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Did not get my mouth shut again while watching!
    Thanks! They are GREAT! All 3 of them!

I have a whole lot more to post very soon. I think something like 25 or more in all. I lost count...

Rupert has given me permission to upload his shows, so this will be done soon. But in the mean time I am not just uploading any of these shows directly -- I have had Rob DiAddezio go through them and make adjustments for safety and scan-ability. Basically, for all of the shows we distribute (whether free or otherwise), I like to make sure they don't have any blatant safety problems (non-moving beam in the audience) and that they can scan well at 30K and full size with original Cambridge 6800 scanners. Show performance should be similar with Chinese scanners...

Bill

That is awsome news!

Thumbs up

Thanks Bill, Adam! Beam show is awesome, and my 20Ks are not doing graphics well... but I bet the graphics are cool too. I am sure these fountains look much better on better scanners.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Fantastic shows !!

We are the Champions
    must have been inspired by the Bellagio Fountains.
    As soon as it started (well, after about 30 secs) I realised what it was meant to portray and immediately thought "Bellagio !".

Rhythm is a Dancer
    is a brilliant show. There's little duplication in the dancers themselves and some of the effects (the plasma ball inside a box, the reflective dancefloor etc) truly make you wonder how they did it.
    Some nice blanking effects too.
    Definately a new classic and one to trot out to display the capabilities of your laser for people who ask "What can a laser do then?"

"Rhythm" for Graphics, "Moby" for Beams.

Thanks to Bill and all the Pangolin team for supplying us with yet more reasons for non Pango owners to go just that slightest shade of green.

Smile

Soforene;

Yeah, when I saw the "We Are The Champions" show for the first time on the ILDA cruise, I *immediately* thought of the fountains at the Bellagio - even though I've never actually seen them in person.

On a technical merit standpoint, that show wins high marks in my book. (Gotta love that 3D Studio Max plug-in!) But from an enjoyment perspective, I thought it could have had more color and some other effects besides just the fountains.

Rhythm is a Dancer, on the other hand, is just all kinds of awesome! I'd love to meet the guy that wrote that show some day. (I did get to meet Chris Stuart on the ILDA cruise... He's the guy that wrote the "40 Hour Week" graphics show that comes with Pangolin. Very cool guy...)

I also liked the "Standing in Motion" beam show. The musical score is very theatrical - like a blockbuster movie score. Great use of color in that show.

But yeah, if you only had two shows to display to give someone an idea as to what you could do with your projector, I agree that my choices would be "Rhythm is a Dancer" and "Gradient-Moby". (Though "Elevation" would still be in the top 5 for me!)

Adam

I watched them again last night, wide eyed & wide-mouthed!

Thanks again for releasing them to us, Bill - and for posting them, Adam!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....